Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Permanent And Total Tdiu

Rate this topic

westcoastlv

• HadIt.com Elder

You know if you get TDIU P&T and SSDI you can survive pretty well. You are probably the only one you know with a decent retirement plan.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filing for SSDI is the next step. If it is not approved, we will go the SSDI Attorney route. But like John999 said, its a pretty decent retirement plan and we can survive just fine on both. Thanks all

What an awesome win Westcoast !!!! Congrats on the win you totally deserved it !!! Check for 100% benefits in your state and when you get your retro spend wisely :smile: God bless you. Thank you for sharing & Thank you for your service !!!

The funny thing is, I don't know how to feel just yet. Been working on this for so long, and now the journey is just about over. Already got the ID cards (today) and been to the Exchange. LOL. Called for a dental appointment and have the ChampVA application completed and ready to mail. Next stop, DEA for daughter and hopefully wife too. Then, in a few days, the bank. Wont' it be nice to read the biggest balance ever!!!! Thank you all again, and I pray everyone's journey ends in success.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is a good win but I must caution you. You must continue to seek a schedular rating of 100 percent.

Folks often do not understand that with a rating for PTSD and are not 100 percent but are being paid at 100 percent rate because of Iu entitles you to many benefits. The downside is the 10 year service connection rule upon death. If you are IU then the VA reverts back to your original percentage thus leaving the spouse SOL on DIC.

All IU vets must keep this in mind.

Enjoy this victory, The war is still being waged.

J

I am so glad for you and your family. I know the feeling, I recently received my 100%P&T about a month ago, and it feels so good to have it all behind me now.

I'm also retired from the Military so I receive concurrent payments plus my Social Security early due to my service connected disabilities, and now I am currently using my Post 9-11 GI Bill benefits even though I'm

having trouble seeing because I'm blind from my left eye. but, I need to take advantage of my benefits or I'll lose them. so

now all we have to do is take care of our health and enjoy the benefits we earned and are now paying due to our poor health, but

it's ok, as long as there's enough money coming in to give the family a stable and comfortable life it's worth it.

Congrats once again.

Aggie.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use