Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medicare Being Required To Add Part B To Service Connected Vets

Rate this question

conla

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That is correct for ChampVA spouse has to enroll in part b. Prior to 1996 ChampVA stopped at age 65.

I consider ChampVA with Medicare to be top of line insurance. Wish I had it

I agree, Pete. Our spouses get much better coverage than we 100 percenter vets do. Wifey can go to VA, or champva, which includes almost every doctor available. We are limited to long lines in VA's substandard health care, unless we want to pay for it ourself or have other insurance.

I have a 60% VA rating and use the VA Medical Center as my primary health care provider....I also have SSDI and have Medicare Part B which I have to pay for out of my SSDI check. It was automatically deducted from my disability payment...at a cost of $104

• HadIt.com Elder

I have 80% va and Ssdi I want to see civilian dr without making va mad how can I go about it

There are more or less two ways. You can, at your and any insurance's expense, see an outside physician. There are provisions in the law that even allow the VA to pay, if you go through the VA "hoops" to obtain outside care. Why should the VA "get mad"?

The only issues I'm aware of involve narcotic prescriptions and "mood altering" drugs. (This can create an either or situation, to avoid the appearance of "abuse".)