Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ambushing By Doctor At C&p Exam!

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

I went to an exam and was treated badly, Ambushed! the VA is getting even worse in the way it treats vets when they go for C&P exams. I am extremely angry at the one I just had. I have had a few over the years. I am already very sick, and suffering terribly, but they are getting away with ambushing vets, plays physiological games and demanding answers they want! I would like to know if there is an organization that vets and write and contact to voice their concerns about horrible treatment at these exams. I am very angry, and what makes it worse I do not have the health to waste on anger. But, they need to be reined in, and the people who runt he VA fired and get some compassionate people, not just some evil bully. I know they would round file my single complaint, but if enough victims complained, and get media attention, maybe the bad people would have lights on them like cockroaches.

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

My private shrink has a daughter who is a neurologist. She worked for the VA, and even gave me a C&P exam once. She did not know her father was my doctor, and I did not realize she was his daughter. She quit the VA because she finally got tired of having her scripts overruled by the pharmacy, and her recommendations for patients shot down by some committee. She really wanted to work for the VA because her husband has some kind of self employment. She would have the benefits and he could take risks, but she said she was not allowed to practice neurology at the VA. They just wanted someone who would save money for the VA. Same thing happened to my pain doctor. He tried to practice pain medicine and the VA got rid of him.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

You can do all the suggested things but I would do this: http://www.jointcommission.org/

This organization is the Boss. It has the power to actually shut down a VA Hospital. Research it a little and see if any treatment was substandard and see if you cant light a little fire under their backsides.

Basser doesnt play and neither should you.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

I actually have a suggestion. Bring in a digital recorder. Trust me it will make them think twice of trying to give you the shaft. If they are any kind of medical professional, you know the ones that take the Hippocratic oath to care for their patients, then they will conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner. Personally I have seen very few sadly. I guarantee they will change their song and dance and treat you fairly or they will tuck tail and go running to mama. Protect yourself, utilize the tools you have access to. Get results. JMO.

The problem with this is that the VA does not like recorders at C&Ps, to say the least.

That said, a cell phone in a pocket might get the job done!

These days, about the only thing that counts is what is entered into the ever present C&P pages in the examiners computer.

Edited by Chuck75

I can't tell the forum how I feel I was treated, be3cuase if I used the words I want to use, I might get booted.. as some people might not be happy with how I would describe the doctor and how I was treated. It was a farce as the doctor came out with guns blazing, a big gotcha! Trying to get me to say things, like every person who walks in needs a lawyer to make sure they don't say anything, and it is where the 5th amendment has been axed. Nothing a vet says is right, and it is guilty until proven innocent. The doctor was only there to be an advocate for the VA, not a true exam. It was only to make sure intimidation was carried out in an exam setting. Being very sick, fighting for my life. And to be put this charade is so outrageous, yet no one is helping the vets get though this charade.

I had gotten a spinal injection a couple days before the exam and was very sick in bed for a couple days. I had to go 1.5 hours to drive there. I had a temperature. My blood pressure had gone way up. I went there in this condition with a bunch of health problems. Necrotizing Pancreatitis is only one of my health issues. The doctor just kept trying to get me to say things, instead of a real exam. It would not matter who showed up and said what, they were in for hell. She picked apart everything and was only interested in trying to destroy me. The VA should pay each vet to hire an independent lawyer to go in with every vet to protect them.

btw, if you look at a list of people with pancreatic cancer, I have 90% of the symptoms. One big thing I do not have at this time is jaundice. I am under doctors orders to watch for it. it is coming they cannot tell me when. Everyday I wake up reaching for meds so I can get through another day. The abuse from the VA is intolerable. I hope some influential people read this and take note. It's sad when we are put through this. I am skeptical that complaining would help.

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

btw. the doctor tried to take notes from a doctor who I had with the va (she was one who refused to help with a huge bump in my stomach which turned out to be a 5 inch cyst on my pancreas, as she ignored it and after I kept begging for help they finally tried to operate on it, but failed 2x a year later..) and this doctor tried to say that I told her I was passing out, when I only told her I was very tired at home and falling asleep at the computer (scouts honor,), and wanted to know why I was so fatigued. (2007) She tried to say I had a stroke, so they not only had me in the hospital 6 months dying (2008).. but lived. But they had me on heart monitors for 2 months showing I NEVER HAD AHEART PROBLEM, ALL BECAUSE THIS DOCTOR WOULD NOT LISTEN. Yet this va exam doctor was asking is my heart was ok, and if I was lying. And then asking if I drove to the exam. And if so it would do me no good since you can't bring your spouse into the exam. My heart has nothing to do with any exam. There is no claim for heart related problems. At all! She went after everything said and written. She was .. ahh screw it.... I can't write what I want to write. Just imagine a bully with a stethoscope. Looking for any excuse to pick you apart and cast doubt on your while existence.

• HadIt.com Elder

Is the VA the only medical care you get? If you can't work try and get SSD so you can get medicare. I would try and get some other medical than the VA so you have a choice.