Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Violation Of Federal Law

Rate this question

vern2

Question

What federal law is being violated when a VA C & P doctor admits that he has not read or reviewed yor c-file PRIOR to your appointment. I have read that this a frequent violation of federal law, but which law? Tried to do a boolean search in 38 CFR, but could not find it.

hamster man

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't remember bud, but if you are denied SC based on that Examiner, it will give you grounds to go back and challenge the VA. I wish I was an expert and knew all the CFRs like the great guys on here like, Tbird, Berta and Carlie. If I can learn half as much as them, by the time I die, it just might be alright, Lol.

• HadIt.com Elder

I often see exams here where the doctor has not looked at the vets SMR's or his VA medical records. I would bet a thousand bucks the docs that say they reviewed the vets C-File are probably either lying, or they just looked at the last rating. Can you imagine one of these smucks reading a thousand pages of C-File? I think they get a flat fee for doing these exams.

A nurse practitioner performed my C & P for AO related cancer. I brought my medical records from my private oncologists with me to the C & P exam. She indicated she had never reviewed my c-file or seen any of my medical records and she took the medical records I provided to answer the required C & P questions on her computer. She also made copies of some of the records. I was more surprised that an oncologist did not perform the C & P.

The RO scheduled my CP exam without my knowledge and did not want me to be there. My CP was on neck cancer and the Dr was a gyno doc. Her opinion that was fed to her by the RO and got my service connection severed. They just do whatever they please.

Edited by Slowlane

All of these regulations are within M21-1MR which can be googled and there are links to M21-1M here as well.

Navy04 is right. A C & P exam can be challenged on that basis ( lack of C file) and I did that myself for my husband long ago.

I gave a witness statement because I sat in an adjoining room during a PTSD exam he had and I heard employees looking all over for his C file.The exam took place at a different VA than he worked at, and the doctor even asked him if he had his C file with him, but did not note any of this in his exam. There was more to it than that however, and I called the VA examiner to complain as well. He got a new C & P exam.