VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Hearing Issues

Rate this question

bad@57

Question

I received the issues that has been on appeal since 1997 and will be discussed during the upcoming hearing 08/20/2014 they are: increase IBS, epilepsy, L-

knee, SC-PTSD by MST, SC-Sciatic nerve, increase R-knee, Specially adapted housing, L-leg sciatic nerve, increase dysthymic disorder, SMC a full plate any advice

My time line is correct as followed from the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims remanded by out going VA secretary. It has been followed since and not allowed to lapse. I did keep

the same VSO all the way. I originally used a VA accredited Attorney the same for VACOLS issues at hearing. Staying the course was and is the challenge to all veterans! The judge was

talking about my (SAH) "I will get to the bottom of things". He said "I will be the judge making the decision on your claim". This is not a formal setting as the courtroom. The judge can deny,

remand, award, and or hold claim open additional time for evidence ( 90 days for mine) I didn't use. Assuming is dangerous, yes she did an outstanding job bringing out additional

information as did my wife and the judge, this was indeed a team effort. Upon completion of the hearing the judge asked if there were anything else to discuss, after parties input he

said "I think we have brought out everything and been very thorough" The DAV rep said " we (my wife and I) did a good job, and gave us a list of things to do for the judge to make his

decision which was the final paperwork He gave us 90 days to turn in. I turned in all information and signed a waiver of VARO consideration of same. My DAV representative inform me it is

taking up to a year for a decision. Are you asking can I wait 18 years and not continue the FIGHT? The answer is a HELL no. Sir!!!.

Edited by bad@57

Thank God and thanks to all hadit comrades, I received my decision today in mail from the BVA and I was knocked off my feet with an almost unanimous favorable across the board, only PTSD, increase depression, and left knee is left on the table.

God bless and  good luck to all!

Edited by bad@57

Congratulations, Bad!! Outstanding job, I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!!