Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Cannabis

Rate this topic

The last time I smoked marijuanna was 2 wks before my 29th birthday in 1979. I was going in for surgery the next day for cancer.

I smoked 2 "doobies", a fellow recruiter gave me, and killed 1/2 bottle of tequila. At that point I didn't care if I had cancer or not.....LOL

I have been contimplating trying it again for my PTSD, getting worse, and chronic back pain. Luckily I live in WA state so medical and recreational are legal.

Not sure what my grown children will think.... :blink:

theres way too many politics involved.. heres what will happen.. Ok pharmacuetical companies have enormous influence in this country. They lobby congress and usually get whatever they want such as grants from the govt to test and approve THIER meds, exclusion from class action lawsuits, ect.

First, big pharmacy will " convince" congress to authorize and pay for research.. Then the pharmacuetical companies will quickly get patents on a pill for of cannibis derivative drugs. The Govt will then reclass cannibis, make it prescription only, the private growing of cannibis will continue to be banned by the federal govt, and penalties will increase.

The govt IS NOT going to let all that money skate by them. In colorado, the first legal shop that opened banked 57.000 dollars the first day and ran out of ganja. that alot of tax revenue for a county and state in a years time, maybe 2 mill? And the Fed and big pharmacy gets naught? It isnt going to happen. The govt doesnt give a rats ass abt the people, just thier power and wealth.

Marijuana is an ancient medicine. From menustrual cramps to cancer, to depression to nausea it has been used as far back as our country can trace. How it ever was determined to be harmful escapes me.

The alchohol, meth, bath salts, heroin, spice, ect is what they should be worried about,

I think if the whole world just took a break, went sit under a nice shade tree and fire one up, it would be an awesome world to live in.. People who claim marijuana is harmful dont have a clue.

Edited by 63SIERRA

The last time I smoked marijuanna was 2 wks before my 29th birthday in 1979. I was going in for surgery the next day for cancer.

I smoked 2 "doobies", a fellow recruiter gave me, and killed 1/2 bottle of tequila. At that point I didn't care if I had cancer or not.....LOL

I have been contimplating trying it again for my PTSD, getting worse, and chronic back pain. Luckily I live in WA state so medical and recreational are legal.

Not sure what my grown children will think.... :blink:

watch what im telling you,, the VA will soon be ushering in thier cannibis derived ptsd pills ,,, big contracts, big money, the same hustle they had with the zillions of opiates they used to prescribe/.

I would bet that patents for cannibinoids in pill form have already been in the works.

They are likely dreaming up names for the pills.

CHILLONOID ??

COPASQUAT

SOFADAZE

Edited by 63SIERRA

Paranoia is common smoking weed.

Thats because people are afraid of the man.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not afraid of the man. I am afraid of your brain cells shrinking and glassy eyed folks driving around the world like they are lost.

There is a reason it is illeagal and those states that passed it will get reversed real soon.

I have seen what this stuff does to people. This is just the start of a more serious issue.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I would advise that we not turn this into a battle of the pros and cons of marijuana use. That is beyond a slippery slope. No good will come of it I promise. I support the veteran using whatever means is best for him/her to cope with their issues, regardless of my personal opinion on the drug smoked, injected, or in liquid or pill form.