VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is The Evidence Intake Center?

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Is this an old or new way for VA to confuse a veteran?

In order to improve claim processing timeliness, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) has begun deployment of Centralized Mail Processing (CMP) for compensation claims and claim related documents.

If you have additional evidence to submit to support your claim, please mail or fax your evidence to the applicable CMP location below. Please be sure to put your name and claim number or social security number on every page of documentation you mail or fax to VA and keep a copy of everything for your records.

When submitting claims:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Claims Intake Center
PO Box 5235
Newnan, GA 30271-0020

This is further confirmation the system needs tweeking. I am cognizant of the amount of paperwork involved; however the veteran has an expectation to know where to send material and reasonable expectation it can uploaded in a timely manner.

• HadIt.com Elder

Is this an old or new way for VA to confuse a veteran?

In order to improve claim processing timeliness, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) has begun deployment of Centralized Mail Processing (CMP) for compensation claims and claim related documents.

If you have additional evidence to submit to support your claim, please mail or fax your evidence to the applicable CMP location below. Please be sure to put your name and claim number or social security number on every page of documentation you mail or fax to VA and keep a copy of everything for your records.

When submitting claims:

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Claims Intake Center

PO Box 5235

Newnan, GA 30271-0020

Newnan, GA Fax Numbers

Local 248-524-4260

Toll Free 844-531-7818

Janesville, WI

Local 608-373-6690

T.Free 844-833-5246

Not only am I a TiredCoastie, but now confused one as as well! USCG always really stood for "Uncle Sam's Confused Group" anyway. Guess I'm just trying to figure this out as well.

I've got to get my Form 9 in the system before the end of next week and was trying to figure out where to send it. Sounds like there is less handling of any documents sent if they go directly to the "Evidence Intake Center" rather than the RO, which will just resend them down to one of the two places anyway...which may mean that the documents will be inprocessed faster with less probability of getting lost in the shuffle? But the directions on the Form 9 say to send the Form 9 to the RO...

So which directions do I follow?

Should I send it to both and let them straighten out the duplication?

And, seeing as my Form 9 is looking a lot like a reiteration of my NOD, should I just fax it and hold on to that fax receipt as proof of timely filing? Or is there benefit to mailing a fresh copy for scanning? My thinking is that the fax machine system is probably automated, so that whatever arrives by fax is already scanned and can just be uploaded into my C-file even if it's not as clean as something that was scanned on site. But with the US Government, one can never be too sure...