VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Re-Exam Strange C&p Questions

Rate this question

Masterchin

Question

Yesterday was my first C&P Re-exam since my 100 percent scheduled rating in October 2010. I was amazed at how rough the re-exam was for me mentally. I was scheduled two evaluation by the VA, one for Depression and the other for neck and migraines.

My first re-exam C&P was for my Depression rating and below were a couple of strange questions.

1. How much is your compensation from the VA? How much is your compensation from Social Security? Then she asked how much money do I get from both. She made sure to right this info down.

2. Why can you not work with your current disability condition? I am currently rated a total of 100 percent from the VA and also collect Social Security.

Any thoughts.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Yesterday was my first C&P Re-exam since my 100 percent scheduled rating in October 2010. I was amazed at how rough the re-exam was for me mentally. I was scheduled two evaluation by the VA, one for Depression and the other for neck and migraines.

My first re-exam C&P was for my Depression rating and below were a couple of strange questions.

1. How much is your compensation from the VA? How much is your compensation from Social Security? Then she asked how much money do I get from both. She made sure to right this info down.

2. Why can you not work with your current disability condition? I am currently rated a total of 100 percent from the VA and also collect Social Security.

Any thoughts.

What a way to do an evaluation : - (

1) I don't know anywhere in the regs that how much money you get comes into the evaluation process.

IT DOESN'T !

I think I would have told her that I didn't remember and would need to go home and look at my bank statements, or said

barely enough to cover the bills . . .

followed up by

Well how much are you getting paid to do this exam and

by the way - WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME THIS -

these 2 questions you have just asked me -

did the VBA decision maker instruct you to ask this -

I just wondered because these questions have

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RATING CRITERIA,

or the medical problems I have on a daily basis ! ! !

How much do you make - how much did you claim on your 2013 federal income tax statement . . .

and jumped out of my chair absolutely livid !

2) She is wanting you to answer the medical, mental health symptomology that prevent's you from working.

Examples:

Pain

Lack of Sleep from nightmares, etc . . .

Meds . . .

Suicidal thoughts . . .

Panic attacks . . .

Depression. . .

Fear . . .

Lack of trust . . .

jmho