VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Claim

Rate this question

usafhvac

Question

Hello all I am a newbie too this sight, and I have enjoyed every bit of info listed. I am currently rated at 80% 30 ibs 30asthma 30lower leg 30eczema and 10tinnitus. I have claims in for sinusitis, rhinitis, sleep apnea, and laryngitis. During my c&p from qtc the doctor stated that he strongly belive that sinusitis/rhinitis were service connected and that these two lead to sleep apnea. I claimed sleep apnea as a new claim not secondary to anything else and I have a sleep study that states I have sleep apnea. Will a rater automatically give me secondary or will I be turned down and have to refile..

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

PR is right. Don't assume they will connect any dots for you.

It is very important how it was documented. If he told you verbally, I would recommend you get a copy of the exam and check to see what was documented. Sadly, many of us have left a C&P exam feeling pretty hopefully for what we have been told, but found out the doc did not document it correctly.

If you have any questions about any wording, please feel free to post just the pertinent sections, but without any personal info. I wish you the best of luck with your claim.