VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Room Deals With Vsos About Rating Decisions?

Rate this question

Notorious Kelly

Question

This is one reason I pulled POA from VSO - I stumbled across this doing research.

It may be entirely innocent but, if VA were going to say "We'll give Veteran A his 70% if you are cool with us knocking Veteran B to 30%", this would be the time to do it.

The purpose of VSO review of new rating decisions is to provide VSOs an opportunity to review the decision and discuss the case with VA personnel prior to promulgation. This review may result in the correction of errors in rating decisions, discussion of differing points of view, and more favorable decisions for VA claimants.

Note: Local policy determines whether to make deferred ratings and examination requests available for VSO review.

Regional offices will provide VSOs a minimum of two business (see Important below) days to review a rating decision before promulgation. The two business days will begin on the date the claims folder is placed on the VSO review table. Cases not reviewed after two business days will be released to the authorization activity for promulgation.....

...The VSO must comply with these controls to ensure that the review does not cause unnecessary delays in processing the rating decision...

If link below doesn't work, do a search "va vso review new rating" and a link to Word document will come up. You must download it to read it:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.benefits.va.gov%2FWARMS%2Fdocs%2Fadmin21%2Fm21_1%2Fmr%2Fpart3%2Fsubptiv%2Fch07%2Fpt03_sp04_ch07_secB.doc&ei=ZXwIVNaGLZScygSW-oCgAg&usg=AFQjCNEvniLdrT2Xw-mjkrKD-NBz6XU2ww&bvm=bv.74649129,d.aWw

From M21-1MR, Part III, subpart iv, Chapter 7, Section B

• HadIt.com Elder

My claim was delayed 2 years cause my VSO did not review my claim. I will never forgive them. To be honest you have to track your claim most VSO's just mail paperwork, try to get you to be lifetime members and gripe about all the work and bitchy Veterans.

If the VA is going to reform they need to do something with a system that is a house of cards and no real help for many Veterans.

My opinion sorry for rant.

I had an appeal and every time in check it was still with VSO for review. After two years I dropped them and my appeal went through in a couple of months in my favor. I don't have a VSO rep, haven't had one in since and will probably never use them again. Over those two years they were suppose to be viewing my file for the board I contacted asking let go forward but they never would so I removed them as my VSO.

• HadIt.com Elder

No, a POA stays in effect until you revoke it, in writing. A letter revoking your POA should be sent to the VARO, Veterans Service Center, and to the organization that has the POA, via USPS certified mail, return receipt requested and be sure to keep a copy for yourself.

pr