Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Retaliates On Vets Who Complain

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Is this another "secret" list??

According to Bergman and Moore, there are "secret lists" to retaliate against (disabled) Vets who complain:

http://www.vetlawyers.com/is-veterans-affairs-retaliating-against-disabled-veterans-who-lodge-valid-complaints/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BergmannMoore+%28Bergmann+%26+Moore%29

Key points from article:

"If Veterans criticize any aspect of their experience at VA, and especially if they file a malpractice lawsuit against the department, Kraus said some VA employees retaliate by lodging what he says are “illegal complaints” against Veterans."

Even more disturbing:

"Kraus, who attended Northwestern University and the University of Minnesota Law School and served in the Air Force from 1996-2001, recently wrote on his disabledveteran.org website that this form of retaliation is one of the biggest crimes VA is committing across the country, because it “chills the speech of Veterans who respectfully file complaints that have merit.”

Kraus said these retaliatory responses to many valid complaints from Veterans can at times “defame the Veteran and diminish their credibility,” and the end result is a Veteran having an improper flag on their file, harassment from VA police, and/or restrictions in access to timely health care."

These are union members - The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Federation_of_Government_Employees which is AFL-CIO http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL%E2%80%93CIO

Let's take the unions to task for the misery and death their members are causing.

They will point to a few of their whistleblowers and their patriotic publications but we see the dog & pony show Congress rolls out periodically which does nothing to impact the VA Mafia that is making so many suffer and, no doubt, funneling billions away to Organized Crime.

The VA problem IS a Union Problem. So why isn't that being reported?

• HadIt.com Elder

I noticed that not only did my records contain inaccurate information but also made up lies. Since the VA will not correct records without the person who did its approval fat chance of getting your records corrected.

My VARO had a copy of my complete FTC in my VAMC records/hard copy file.

Any VAMC employee was able to read it all and several did.

I feel I was "treated" differently during this time.

I was able to force that part of my claims to be contained only at the

VARO level - and removed from my VAMC file.

• In Memoriam

Hey Kelly, check this out.

http://coastalnc.twcnews.com/content/news/triangle/711775/union-wants-top-veterans-affairs-official-out-of-office/

The Afge is more or less on strike causing a slow down as usual. Some how the employees think they are calling

The shots. They want a manager that will work with them better.

Edited by Stretch

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I also had lies entered into my records. They seem to have occurred around the same time when I filed complaints.

Wonder how one could find out if they are on a secret list...

That "Secret List" is likely the tip of the iceberg. We already know VA has "secret lists"...ONE particular "secret list" that resulted in Veterans deaths ultimately resulted in Shinseki's resignation, so Secret lists is a very big deal. I dont think the secret list scandal is over, just because Shinseki resigned. It is possible or even likely true that Shinseki did not know of the secret list, BUT he also did not deal with it when it was exposed but instead allowed another cover up. Shinseki was the sacraficial lamb brought out to the slaughter in order for the president to save face.

This is probably our very best chance in a long time to actually fix VA, because the VA is on the run now.

I do agree about the union problem. The union is why it is so difficult to fire poor management. The union has stepped in and protested firing of certain people, so now they have "protections" against firing. Unions have access to lawyers that average people do not have. So, if a manager gets fired, he can simply hire a lawyer paid by the union to get his job back.

I saw this happen when I was in the military long ago. We worked with civilians. One civilian was fired because she "called off" about every other Friday, and, because her performance was sub par (even after having been given multiple warnings and multiple "retraining" sessions) She hired a lawyer through the union. The lawyer argued she called off because of babysitting issues that could not be avoided, and she deserved her job back further arguing this was a race issue as she was a minority race. Boom. She got her job back with back pay. She took full advantage, continuing and even worsening her job performance and continued "working" there, showing up about 3 days a week. When she did show, she went around the halls talking and bad mouthing them for firing her. Our government not only had to pay her, but we have to put up with her disruption the rest of the workers. The amount of work she produced was negative, because she drained time from other workers who felt like they had to listen to her complaining and whining. Virtually all of us agreed she fully deserved to be fired, but none of that mattered. She was bounced around as people did not like working with her...they felt they could not get their work done because she insisted on blabbering on and on about her own personal issues and firing. Our post was about 95 percent male...so she was a "dual minority", and, not firable. This is often repeated. Fortunately she was not management material, but the same thing happens there, too.

This continues, mostly as the result of unions.