VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu..c@ps...possible Reduction?

Rate this question

killemall

Question

Basically I meet the requirements.

Im currently unemployed and I have a 50% rating for hearing loss and a 10% rating for tinitus. They are both from the same group and combine to 55% and round up to 60% by VA math.

I also have shoulder and wrist disabilities that have my overall rating at 70%.

This all became effective in September 2014 (last month)

Tdiu was not inferred in my BBE.

I feel that I meet the requierments but aIm afraid to take the plunge.

Specifically Ive herd that when you apply for tdiu that they make you do c@p exams. Im quite happy with my 50% rating for hearing loss and Im afraid that if I have to do another c@p for my hearing loss that my rating for hearing loss could potentially be reduced. It could just aslikely be increased however I would hate to mess up a good thing.

So is that how it works? Do I have to do c@ps all over again if I claim tdiu or am I getting bad information?

Thank you for any help

I put in a claim for depression secondary to hearing loss. It was denied and Im working on an IME to get that fixed.

Lips yes...sign language no

Not going broke.....

1800 from VA

2200 from unemployment

2700 from post 911 GI bill

God has blessed me

• HadIt.com Elder

Just my 2 cents, Don't worry as to much what you look like buddy you can't see hearing loss??...duh!!

You should go get your last hearing test from VA and look at it ... read your award letter on the 50% & see if they used that to increase your rating to 50% ?

I'm not sure how long its been since your last hearing test & I don't think that really matters, if your hearing has got worse (which it certainly can usually Noise Induced Hearing loss can happen over time months years thers no set time on that.

I'd go get a IMO from at a Ear Nose & Throte Dr or quilfied/state certified Auduoligist (private test) and compare your last test with the VA...Simply take your VA test to a private certified Auduoligist .&..After you take the private test...then ask that Auduoligst to compare the test.....if your hearing shows its worse ask that Auduoligist to write you a letter as to the tune of this veterans hearing has got worse and they can compare the scale levels of your hearing that & your going to file a claim with the VA...I don't think it matters to the VA if you wear hearing aids or not there suppose to use your natural ability to hear...you take them off for the hearing test ...right!

If you file for an increase and they prepose to reduce your rating...file NOD & Ask for a RO Hearing...the DRO should be educated enough that he/she knows that Nose Induced Hearing Loss does not get any better...I never heard such a thing!!!

Hearing test & Auduoligist letters is about all the evidence you can use other that notorized statements from family and friends telling how bad your hearing has got ect,,ect,, maybe from about 6 or 7 people....your 50% hearing loss at present I think the limit with VA profound hearing loss around 60 to 70% the SSA is more around 80% not sure on these % but fairly close...that's almost completely deaf my friend.

in MHO if your hearing worsen and can't understand people and it keeps you from being gainefully employed that's USUALLY automatic for TDIU

hearing aides are sometimes good but at this high % and with tinnitus they don't work like they should...people that has good hearing don't understand that.

Good Luck Buddy!

Excellency Britton. Thank you very much. My 50% was just increased to 50 last month. It was 30% from 2011 till September 2014.

I have many private test in the past year using the same standard that show 60% loss. I was just a hair away from 60% on the VA test.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh ok well if you just got an increase in Sept 2014 to 50%...then you might want to wait a while to refile for increase on this claim , but then again it depends on your hearing test and the last one from 30 to 50% ... if they show NO more loss in your hearing you will probably be denied and just kept at your 50%. they shouldn't reduce it.....that's why you need to compare these test before you submit a claim.

If you get 10% for tinnitus that should put you at 60% and you can't work because of this disability then file for TDIU..and you prove to the VARO you can't work because of your bad hearing or that you can't do the job you was trained for...the only thing is here...if there's any job you can do like computer work or work alone, You may want to get in to a VA Rehab and see if there's any type jobs you can do with your hearing loss & you take these test kinda like the test when you first went in the service jobs like computer skills work alone ect,,ect,,..if those test are below I think 60 then your rehab officer can write a letter for you stating Based on this veteran disability ''its not fesible to retrain this veteran at this time ect,,ect, or similar ...this is more evidence for ya,

Then Extra Scheduler will get you the rating you need if your 60% to TDIU.

''Note'' just remember the VA can schedule a com & pen anytime even with your IMO's & Auduoigist reports, Its like they accept IMO's, However It's them agreeing with them is the point!

If they look at two reports IMO'S & VA Reports..usually if there close with one another they usually award..but if there's a quite a bit difference they probably use the lesser..&.base there decision on that. this is just my opinion but a lot of it depends on the DRO '' is he/she having a good day or a bad day''??? ect,,ect,,,!!!

Good Luck Buddy! & Thank you for your service.

Edited by britton

Currently...

50% hearing loss

10% tinitus

10% right shoulder

10% left shoulder

10% right wrist

70% total

I already meet the requierments since the hearing loss and tinitus combine to 60% and are from the same group

• HadIt.com Elder

If you're a "hair away from 60% for hearing loss," I believe the VA should've awarded you the 60%. When a claimant is a toss up between ratings the VA is supposed to rule in favor of the claimant. Also one does not need to meet all the criteria of that particular rating. jmo

pr