VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Everything In The Va Is Bad. Got A House

Rate this topic

ArNG11

My Home is also VA certified, and my earned VA Compensation pays for my mortgage. So with new VA Sec. Bob Mcdonald, seems to be pushing for a more improved VA. I see more success stories vs VA sucks stories going forward..

• In Memoriam

Congrats ARNG11, as I remember back I sure share your joy. You just keep that smile because you have done good and greatly deserve it. I just love this and I know that your happiness will continue to a ripe old age, as mine has, even though I still fight the good fight.

I bought my first home in 1975. This was a high interest rate time, but VA got mine a 8.0% interest win no down in a time where this was mostly unheard of. I repaid the loan and recaptured my VA loan. I made an unbelievable profit off the home after 30 years living in it.

This is not the best benefit that the VA has. Veterans health care is at the top. Other perks with Service Connection are great and show that we have a greatful nation that really cares about Veterans. Most of the nation does not even know about what we go through as Veterans with corruption we face.

The only objection that most, including myself have, is that there are the politicians and lying SOB's that have infiltrated the VA system with corruption that is beyond control.

Many politicians have found ways to extract money from Federal union workers that are in the VA system. These polititions are on a gravy train that they have made and protect for themselves, not caring in the least, about Veterans. This part is sickening for me.

The DEAs latest move is to become the Surgeon General for the VA. This is because they have drug competition from other sources and this is very strange. I don't know who is benefiting from this one, but you can bet there are drug contollers (lords) who could care less about older Veterans pain or conditions.

I just love this guy Bob, but I think that he does not know what he has gotten into. If he can straighten this out it will be a miricle. He is compassionate,caring, and deeply commited to his fellow Veterans, always keeping himself at the bottom and out of the limelight. Veterans need to get behind this guy as he struggles with this monster. I hope he has a long productive life.

Thanks all. It's a nice break from all the other shenanigans that the VA comp side of the house has given me. I did have an update of sorts, although it doesn't change the fact that I got my house I will be closing a day or two after Veterans day but no matter still gitty about the whole thing and this Veteran's Day will still be a good day to reflect. My only complaint is the moving part. But I think I might just have a stiff drink on the rocks watching a roaring fire in my new fireplace with the mrs when its all done. :wink:

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my house on a VA loan as well back in 1987. Buying a house is still a great deal, and wonderful way of forced savings for young vets. A few years later I refinanced it at a much lower rate using conventional loan. It was good when I first got it since no down payment, and just points and I moved in for the same I was paying rent. If you have not used up all your benefit under G.I. Loan you can use it again. I might if I decide to downscale or up scale since my house is a cracker box in an upscale area where they are knocking down older houses and building McMansions.

John

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use