VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fiduciary Appointed

Rate this question

Mikemmlj

Question

The DAV sent me a letter saying "The claimant is not competent to handle disbursement of funds" I'm OK with this cause it's true. But a new claim has also been opened in ebenefits in the predetermination phase.

Since I have no open claims I don't understand what this means. I know many people warn against fiduciaries but it will be my mom and I have many financial problems.

Mike: My bro-inlaw had His VA Cancer Dr fill out a housebound claim and on it he stated the claimant was not capable of handling funds. Va did field exam and agreed to have my wife assist him with his finances on a monthly review type setup. This was good for him, his X Wife seemed to be gaining access to his debit card on the pretense of shopping for him. Needless to say, some unusual purchases were made. My wife put a stop to that and now the VA verifies his expenditures, no real big deal. No additional expense incurred.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Field Examiner just left. They are going to do supervised direct pay which means I get the money in my account and the VA follows up to make sure I'm spending it wisely.

No Fiduciary!