Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Appeal Won

Rate this topic

Dinnard

Great News and God Bless, happy to see the battle was Won!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

SHOW YOU THE MONEY! Nice Job! Have a Merry Christmas. After you relax a bit, get back at it and get all the other TDIU Bennys available. Does your state offer Property Tax Exemption for Vets 100% SC or TDIU? Can be big bucks and usually requires you to file a state application at your Local Taxing Authority in the 1st couple months of the tax year. You just thought your job was done, WRONG. The mission continues. Good Luck.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Thanks everyone!

Gastone: I have been 100% from Social Security since April, 2010 so we've been getting a deduction. Bad news is they only take $36,000 off the value of your home and you pay taxes on the remainder so our property tax is still $1600. Our house isn't even valued at $200,000, but that is Kentucky for you. I also took disability retirement from Kentucky State Government and they are slated to be out of money by 2017 because they "underfunded" and made some really bad investments. I'm only 62 (used to think that was OLD) so don't know what will happen when that time comes. Letter hasn't come up on ebennies yet but hoping that it will say TDIU P&T. As soon as it pops I will be getting the paperwork done to get the cards from DOD. Then I'm making the first reservations available at one of the Florida DOD owned campgrounds!

Two months and two days from the date I filed a Motion to Advance my husband's appeal Decision was made in his favor at the BVA. It was fairly short and did not contain any "history making" comments. It also did not give an effective date. Although an attorney at the BVA said it was P&T all it actually says is that he was granted TDIU. It was a wonderful Christmas Blessing but it would be nice to see a little greenbacks soon.

Congrats Dinnard...What was the time frame from start to finish?

Congrats Dinnard...What was the time frame from start to finish?

We've been fighting for this since October 2010 first at the Nashville RO and then BVA. Just at the BVA was almost 1 1/2 years. It would have been at least another year had I not filed a Motion to Advance. The Motion to Advance and the Decision took 2 months but I was told it could be 6 months before we see any money.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use