Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&t For Depression And Ptsd

Rate this question

bionoce

Question

Is it possible to put in for P&T for PTSD and major depressive disorder if under 55? I understand the VA views PTSD as likely to improve but does anyone under 55 have P&T status? My medical records show a worsening since diagnosis with treatment.

bion: Let me play the old Devil's Advocate for a minute. Hopefully all goes your way with P&T BUT be on the look out for the VA to also consider you for a VA Appointed Fiduciary. This could really cramp your style. Understandably, all your PTSD issues could bring into question your ability to handle your financial matters. Be Prepared if the VA Jumps Ugly.

My brother-in law recently had the VA want to appoint A fiduciary due to a VA Dr saying he was extremely depressed due his terminal Cancer, In the end the VA Fiduciary Rep agreed to just monitor his monthly expenditures, still a real pain. At least he didn't loose complete control of his Pension $$.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Guys, how's this. I put it on a 21-4138 but haven't sent it:

"I am respectfully requesting permanent and total consideration for PTSD with no future exams scheduled based on the fact that it has been approximately 10 years since my original diagnosis by the VA, and the condition has worsened over the course of time with treatment and medication. My previously submitted medical and work records document the clear and unmistakeable progressive worsening of the condition in the form of panic attacks, suicidal depression, debilitating anxiety, nightmares, insomnia, outbursts, flashbacks, countless days of missed work, suspensions from work, hospitalizations, rehab, two suicide attempts, and a professional medical opinion stating permanent disability by Dr. E. Charles Velnosky, Phd. There is no reasonable chance of improvement given the suffering I have experienced in the 10 years since my original diagnosis in 2005, and try to manage on a daily basis. I served this country proudly and honorably as a soldier of the US Army's 3D Infantry Division and survived two deployments to the middle east and Persian Gulf. Thank you for your time."

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have been TDIU since 2005 you should be P&T. I got TDIU and appealed the denial of Chapter 35. I got P&T within a year. I also got a good IME to say I was P&T. I was taking no chances. P&T comes with many benefits and is worth the effort. I got complete property tax exemption, ChampVA and my wife got opportunity to go to school.

John

Keep us updated bud, as I too will be requesting Permanent soon. The whole process scares the hell out of me. Just so used to getting screwed, you know.