Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secretary Mcdonald Is There For Us!

Rate this topic

GatorNavy

Bob needs to tell her to reactivate her voice mail and return her calls. She should be embarrassed that the truth showing her being so detached and unreachable made its way all the way up to the Secretary. She's being paid to handle these issues, so what is she really doing to fill her days? Not the kind of attention I would want in light of recent events at the VA.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It makes me wonder if the old saying still applies: "screw up, move up" will occur here. They might find a way to "promote" her out of that department.

Bob needs to tell her to reactivate her voice mail and return her calls. She should be embarrassed that the truth showing her being so detached and unreachable made its way all the way up to the Secretary. She's being paid to handle these issues, so what is she really doing to fill her days? Not the kind of attention I would want in light of recent events at the VA.

Bob is an extremely driven person. He has received the highest awards for achievement from every place he has been. He is a Veteran, having graduated from West Point and served as Captain with the 82nd Airborne. He was the best of the best CEOs. He expects the best from his managers and surrounds himself with the best program developers and project managers that he can find. I'm sure the director was left with wobbling knees and a spot in her skirt! :lol:

• HadIt.com Elder

IMO,

I Think Bob is sending out a message to all VA employee's he is not going to tolerate their BS

I think maybe 2015 is going to be a good year for all of us Veterans Claims and Healthcare!

IMO,

I Think Bob is sending out a message to all VA employee's he is not going to tolerate their BS

I think maybe 2015 is going to be a good year for all of us Veterans Claims and Healthcare!

Bob is in a position to accomplish his short term strategies as he has mentioned he has the funding to do so. Amending Title 38 is typically a large stone wheel before Congress. However, since President Obama is coming toward the end of his term, his cabinet members can request executive orders that the Secretaries can work with. I'm sure Bob will have a flurry of EO requests so he can execute his programs within the legal framework. EOs are never challenged and cannot be rescinded. So the bottom line is yes, I agree with you. I think with Bob at the helm, it is going to be a good year for us.

• HadIt.com Elder

It makes me wonder if the old saying still applies: "screw up, move up" will occur here. They might find a way to "promote" her out of that department.

The govermental logic behind "screw up, move up" is that the original "oopsie" was not enough to overcome all the regs that must be complied with to fire, or the effort involved.

"Moving up" increases the chances of a major screwup. Unfortunately, it also gives an incentive, and seems to forgive and award past transgressions.

Edited by Chuck75

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use