Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opm Disability For Sc Ptsd

Rate this question

bionoce

Question

Was just approved for OPM disability retirement for the service connected PTSD. The government didn't deny and remand that one like the VA did. They put me on interim pay but I'm not sure what that is yet. Also get the health insurance back for my 7 year old son. Now to work on the P&T claim.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you for the support Berta, I used to wonder why VA resorts to "defaulted speculation" with this stuff. They act like the benefits are their personal property and maybe they are, I don't know...to repeatedly deny veterans while they suffer is bs. Personally, I don't trust the VA system for care so I go outside...

Edited by bionoce

• HadIt.com Elder

I know as soon as I got TDIU and was initially denied P&T (Chapter 35) I appealed that denial. I got P&T within a year of my TDIU award. ChampVA alone is worth the fight. FERS is pretty easy to get. I know you have to apply for SSDI as well and there is an offset to your OPM if you get SSDI but it is well worth it. In two years after you get SSDI you get Medicare. If you combine this with insurance from OPM you will have no copays at all.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms Berta don't feel guilty about getting chapter35 your spouse earned that and I am glad you get it, my spouse has it and its helped us, I think of the VA has one big Apple Pie there's enough to go around for everyone!!!

I just don't think highly of the VA Health Care System...but its there! eh!

John999 OPM said my case was approved and that I'm being placed in "interim pay" while they foward the case for final adjudication. SSDI doesn't kick in until April. I'm clueless with the offset stuff...