Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

50% Ptsd, How To Get And Increase ?

Rate this question

Wjason777

Question

In 2011 I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD, and was granted 50%. I’m currently being seen at the local VA and is currently taking meds. In the last 8 months I’ve been really having trouble, my condition has gotten worst and it seems like my meds haven’t been working. I have and appointment this month with my psychologist. What do I need to do and what do i need in order to get and increase for my condition? How can I get my condition to get listed as permanently? I see on Ebenefits that I’m schedule for an Review on Nov 2016 and that my condition is not listed as permanently.

Edited by Wjason777

• HadIt.com Elder

OIC

Well believe it or not   with what happen to you before the exam took place  that  would factor in some as you were up-set and stressed out ...so your mind couldn't think straight.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you the examiner should go by your evidence and what you present at the Hearing in your favor.

On my C&P Report she checked yes on almost all the  questions except the bad hygene/dress part.

I think there were about 3 or 4 questions she checked no on, if your examiner looked at your last C&P Report and it was for 30%  then hopefully your medical records will reflect an increase or disability  has got worse since your last C&P

From the records you put on here I would think a 50%to 70%increase is warranted.

but just hang in there we never know for sure until we get the official letter,,,,your DAV Should send you a letter first...not sure where it will come from?  mine letter from the DAV came from Salt Lake City Ut...so go figure?? my offical packet came from Janesville Intake Center.   Waco Is where my RO is at least where I thought it was.

just no telling with the VA

.....keep ya chin up& I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

....................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

"Thar she Blows!"  E-Ben can be helpful, so you could have expected a Rating C & P anyway, right. My as well go on the offense and ask for an increase.

For the PTSD Increase, did you file an FDC or Reg Axx Claim? Who did the DBQ, VA or Non-VA Psychiatrist or Psychologist PhD, very important?

Any chance you could share redacted copies of your original Ptsd C & P DBQ and the New Claims DBQ? Would be very informative and  interesting, to see and compare with your upcoming C & P DBQ.

Semper Fi

Just would like to let you guys know that I was awarded the increase for PTSD to 70% and 0% for ED( monthly allowance)

Thanks for all you guys help. You all been great! 

Now it's time to start working on this current appeal that's been dragging for 5 years now. 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 3:16 PM, OEF 21B said:

Hi Wjason777,

Here's what I just submitted for an increase for my current 50% PTSD rating on the 17th of August 2015.  I didn't include copies of the actual notes since the VA should be able to pull them up.  I just listed the date and the major symptoms noted in each Dr.'s treatment notes.  Hopefully I'll either get an increased rating based on the treatment notes, or will have a PTSD C&P scheduled.  E-Benefits is showing "RVSR for opinion exam" so I'll probably get a PTSD C&P date in the mail....

Hi Wjason777 - here is what my decision letter said regarding my request for an increase:

- The overall evidentiary record shows that the severity of your disability most closely approximates the criteria for a 70 percent disability evaluation.

- We have assigned a 70 percent evaluation for your posttraumatic stress disorder based on: *Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances *Difficulty in adapting to work *Inability to establish and maintain effective relationships *Suspiciousness *Depressed mood *Disturbances of motivation and mood *Difficulty in adapting to a worklike setting *Anxiety *Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships *Chronic sleep impairment.

- A higher evaluation of 100 percent is not warranted for posttraumatic stress disorder unless the evidence shows total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: *grossly inappropriate behavior *persistent danger of hurting self or others *intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene) *disorientation to time or place *memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name.

My take on this was that I provided good evidence based on my VA treatment notes, increased meds, and validation by the QTC psychiatrist during my C&P.  Good luck with your request!

Semper Fi -

My recent increase from 30% to 50% had the same exact wording as the above poster stated for his increase.  I did supply my therapist notes from my weekly sessions with her as well as I had my C&P exam.

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin: