Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Is Too Many Meds Too Much?

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

When is taking too many meds too much.

I just looked in the Meicine Cabinet and I have several.

I take Metropolol, Nifedipine, lisonipril, clonodine and Imdur for Htn and Heart.

Gemfibrozil and Simivastatin for Chloesterol

Indomethacin and Neurontin for Spine with Hydrocodone 10 as back up for severe problems

Fiorcet and Darvocett for Migraines

No wonder my stomach is a mess. Can a person file secondary conditins to medicine taken?

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes- a vet can file for secondary conditions due to side affects of SC meds.

Some vets file this as a claim under Section 1151-

a good move unless the medication is necessary and did not involve negligence or foreable risk.

"ORDER

Compensation benefits under the provisions of 38 U.S.C.A.

§ 1151 for skin cancer based on medications prescribed by

treating VA physicians is granted."

Sec 1151 can lock a vet in however- best to ry for secondary- there are many claims at the BVA regarding the issue of medication for SC as causing additional disability.

Often good medical printouts can support this type of claim.

IMos are better.

John, HTN is the abbreviaton for Hypertension, IBS is the Abbreviation for Irritable Bowell Syndrome.

Are they service connected?

At this point I am not sure. He has a lot of medical problems which did start in military. and after he got out he in 1985 he has been in the VA hospital x a mount of times, he has boxes of VA Hospital records.

He was just 18 when he enlisted,he is now 43. his medical problems start with hives ( uticaria) back pain

(as they put it ) He was sexually asualted and then started drinking heavily. He reported the asualt but they never wrote it down. They said he was an acholic and gave him meds for it. he has had numerous medical problems while in service had a car accident and hit his head on the winshield ( he was the passanger ) but was drinking. Since his enlistment in 1981 he was in and out of hospitals and all they actually wrote down is uticaria. when he was discharged he never had a physical and on his discharge papers nothing was written down about all of his illnesses Uticaria-Back- Leg- Sinus ( which was down on enlistment papers) which he has had several sinus surgeries. I sure could use some help on connecting his problems with military. He has never really had a job, he can't hold a job down because of the uticaria and his back problems, he has had trouble getting SSD, they have turned him down neumeros times. This last time he was in the hospital his kidneys started to shut down, put they did get them working again and basically they said he had a virus of somesort.. Anyways I could go on but to connect all of his problems related to all medication and service is going to be a big task. I would appreciate any help I can get

I am not a doctor..but I also break out with hives (uticaria) when under stress...uticaria can manifest in differnt ways...and stress can be a cause...emotional, physical, pyscological or even enviromental...you may want to have a clear cut diagonis of what causes the uticaria...if you can link it to stress...and the stress can be linked to your son's assult you may have a link there to military service...

when a person has come to a point that they can no longer handle things internally...like stress your body will go into a protective gear and health problems will manifest...your son really need to go to his doctor...and ask these questions regarding the uticaria to see if it is a manifestation from stress and not other factors...

good luck

MT

• HadIt.com Elder
I am not a doctor..but I also break out with hives (uticaria) when under stress...uticaria can manifest in differnt ways...and stress can be a cause...emotional, physical, pyscological or even enviromental...you may want to have a clear cut diagonis of what causes the uticaria...if you can link it to stress...and the stress can be linked to your son's assult you may have a link there to military service...

when a person has come to a point that they can no longer handle things internally...like stress your body will go into a protective gear and health problems will manifest...your son really need to go to his doctor...and ask these questions regarding the uticaria to see if it is a manifestation from stress and not other factors...

good luck

MT

Not trying to tick someone off but I think it's urticaria.

pr

Not trying to tick someone off but I think it's urticaria.

pr

Thanks my spelling isn't the greatest without the spell check

I don't take any offense to corrections