VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One Cancer On Appeal For Ao Now Another New Pops Up

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

I have a one year old appeal going for a head & neck cancer agent orange connected.

Now, it appears that I have a new primary lung cancer that could be agent orange presumptive.

The Question: Will the ongoing appeal cancel the new claim or screw it up somehow??????

Thanks in advance.....

From my own experience , no it will not screw it up. New claims are beating appealed claims by a wide margin.. So your new claim should be rated from 3 to 6 months and your appealed claim should be still on the RO Mail room

VA is fast tracking AO claims... or was under Shinseki. They have a special unit in every VARO trained in doing presumptives for herbicide exposure. File it. If you die before you win, the better half gets it. Did you ever cough up blood? I started about a year after I got there. The Flight surgeon said to switch to Marb lights which had just come out in 70. Didn't help much until I DEROS'd in 72 after two tours. Hey, I'm still alive and only came out with Porphyria. Some like you have it even worse. Best of luck. Welcome back, sir.

Thank you marine0816 and asknod.

I was at Bien Hoa 69/70 ..... smokes were $1.10 at the exchange and also made you look cool. My first cancer showed up in 2010 and I haven't touched one since.

Keep up the great writing here and on your website asknod. I really appreciate your help.

Welcome home

The head and neck AO claim.......

is that claimed under the STS cancers?

(Soft tissue sarcomas presumptive due to AO)

The list of them is here:

By all means file the AO lung claim.

Sorry to hear of your Cancer bud. I lost most of my family as a kid including my mother who was 35 at the time. God bless you and I truly wish you the best.