Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Scandal: Cbs News Finds Thousands Of Vets' Benefit Claims Discarded

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Wow NK that is pretty notorious as your profile name implies. I agree with you though. So far in my experience Unions, some mind you, are as bad if not worse than the agency you're trying to fight. I've learned this the hard way both by VSOs and AFGE. From my experience and observations they are just part of the problem. Same old same old. Ask yourself " are you really gonna bite the hand that feeds you". Some people, some agencies won't do that, not when their own bread and butter is on the line.

I hope that this "Truth" brings some much needed change from all agencies. It's dispicable that this type of obstruction of justice is just allowed to happen from all fronts. Not only allowed but in most respects encouraged. Things need to change. We really need to fight for these changes. JMHO.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the shreddergate got my records that the VA can't seem to find? if so what does a vet do about it?

Buck!

I went to a VSO here and filed a claim in May 14. As of Jan 15 there was no hide nor hair of where the claim was. I kept checking E-benefits and nothing. One day I got a call from the RO about a dependency claim and asked about this claim. They said they had no record. I went to the original VSO and they faxed the claim to the RO and in 2 days I was expedited.

I still haven't been told what happened to the original paperwork.

Ebenefits has the date of claim as 1/23/15 instead of the 05/14 date that the paperwork was filed.

I realize mistakes are gonna be made when so much information is moved around. I'd just like to know that things can be corrected.

I was going to write a letter to the RO about the date but I don't want to rock the boat.

What would you recommend?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hillbilly,

I would appeal their decision on the EED you should have copies and your return receipt (greenstub) but if you filled via ebennies IDK?

or you have proof of those dates?

file NOD (Notice of Disagreement ) they ''should'' send you a letter form to file NOD if they don't within 2 weeks just write them a letter and disagree with the EED dates on this claim.

Don't let them beat you out of any rerto you have coming buddy!

Always make copies of every thing even from ebennies the VA sends you and you send them and keep in a safe place forever!

This is just one of my reason I don't like ebennies

Buck!

Appreciate the info Buck. The claim was put together at a local VSO office. The paperwork was there. I don't know whether they forgot to mail? Don't know but I know where the original copies of the claim are.

I just need to file a Notice of Disagreement on the effective date?

thanks Buck52