Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Ptsd Re-Reval Coming Soon

Rate this question

bob barker

Question

The news of this C&P comes with joy and fear. I have been waiting a LOOOONG time for this appointment but I understand its going to suck, a lot. It already sucks and now I have to drive on a Army base which will bring back memories that have left my mind. Any words of wisdom from anyone who just went through this?

As I wrote you earlier bud, you will be fine. Go in there be honest, and remember not to talk about anything free lance. Let the Doc lead you along, and good luck!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• HadIt.com Elder

Just remember they evaluate everything, eye contact, the way you dress, the way you walk, your demeanor, etc.. When I was checked for my back and knee, the examiner tried to trick me, by saying the stairs out the back door were shorter. They watch you from the moment you show-up until even as you leave the exam. Be honest but don't offer any extra info, unless it is important to your claim. If it's for a mental health exam, you may want to bring some notes, so you remember everything. I had to, as I frequently forget things, when I feel I'm under pressure.

pr

Just remember they evaluate everything, eye contact, the way you dress, the way you walk, your demeanor, etc.. When I was checked for my back and knee, the examiner tried to trick me, by saying the stairs out the back door were shorter. They watch you from the moment you show-up until even as you leave the exam. Be honest but don't offer any extra info, unless it is important to your claim. If it's for a mental health exam, you may want to bring some notes, so you remember everything. I had to, as I frequently forget things, when I feel I'm under pressure.

pr

Remembering things is a huge problem for me. Example: I'll have a flashback of a forgotten event. The next day I wont remember what the flashback was about nor do I want to remember. I guess I'll have to start writing stuff down. Thanks

Yes,be honest,very important.You will be fine,good luck.