VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Everything Got Denied!

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

Sorry to hear of that bud, as you know I have developed a hole in my spine along with other issues, and it never gets any easier. God Bless and good luck!!!

ranger11bv,

Even if the VA diagnoses you with a medical condition, you would still have to have some strong evidence showing the medical condition was incurred in or caused by your military service before the VA would consider the medical condition as service connected and grant disability compensation.

I would follow Carlie's advice and not file any additional claims until you filed a NOD and requested to have your C & P exams rescheduled. Carlie is one of the most knowledgeable people on the Hadit website and she always gives excellent advice.

Good luck.

GP

C&P rescheduled!!

Good luck at your C & P.

GP

Put all our condolences in one hand and xxx in the other, which one fills up. I don't have a clue to the numbers but I think the lion's share of Vet's initial claims denials are usually the result of the Vets lack of knowledge or Proactive participation. Mine was and there's probably a better than even chance your was also. i believe we're all guilty of dropping the ball in some way, shape or form. From VA's standpoint, Missing a C & P due to forgetting or not getting the notification letter has to be right up there with "The dog ate my homework." If you still live at the VA's address of record and all other mail got to you, I think it's on you. i can't remember if C & P Exam appointments ever showed up on My Healthy Vet. As I recall back 05/14 I got a C & P notification letter followed by an appointment reminder card and an actual automated reminder phone call the week before the exam.

What could and should you have done differently? Take a few days and then give us your honest opinion. Time now to start planing your future appeal. Learn from your past mistakes and avoid repeating them. You know about the 12 month appeal window and you've read the pro & cons regarding DRO Hearings and proceeding directly to BVA, right. I'm confident that barring a VARO N & M Evidence triggered Automatic Review Award, your looking at 3 to 5 years on your Appeals train ride. Maybe shorter but probably longer. With that said, I think your #1 job is to get any and all New & Material Evidence submitted to your VARO. A Senior Rater or DRO could award your claim well before a DRO Hearing or BVA Hearing is held. It all comes down to the quality of your Medical Evidence that was not available for the original rater. Time to get busy, right?

Semper Fi

Gastone