VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Everything Got Denied!

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

I couldnt read the PTSD, Anxiety decision well. I did catch something that seemed to infer the stressors were not credible.

For PTSD claims, you MUST have a VA MH diagnosis and then provide evidence of the stressor(s)

I think you will need Buddy Statements for some of these conditions , and surely for the PTSD claim.

Buddy statements are easier to get these days on the internet than in the olden days....Every unit seems to have a web site, and many have reunion rosters, lookin' for areas, and there is Facebook and a few vets here found buddys simply by googling their names.

You might need buddy statements for not only the MH issues, but even for the sleep apnea issues.as many have had their inservice manfestations of SA bolstered by buddy statements.and even notations intheir 201 files., that they were sleepy on duty, late for duty, snored loudly in the bunk, etc etc.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Just curious ranger11bv

what was the reason you missed your C&P??

I Believe you can request another one if you have good cause that you missed it.

nothing is impossible with the VA and nothing is impossible with us veterans so keep fighting.

you need medical evidence to back up your claim's & Dr's Opinions obviously!

so fire back at'em.

jmo

........................Buck!

I missed the exam because 1) never got the letter 2) It would be VERY easy for me to forget. My memory problems are well documented.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a C&P exam cancelled by the VA. Before I could get another exam scheduled they had already denied my claim. I raised hell with them about this and the VA rolled over pretty quick and gave me a C&P and I got my award. The VA is capable of enormous screw-ups.

I was wondering. Could i do a claim like gout second musculoskeletal system as per http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=c130ec487ea61b8a40ad0836188b94bc&rgn=div5&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5&idno=38#se38.1.4_171 Any thoughts?

(Yes, the VA says I have gout.)

Edited by ranger11bv

I missed the exam because 1) never got the letter 2) It would be VERY easy for me to forget. My memory problems are well documented.

i had the same experience. but i was able to convince the VA to give me another appointment, which they did.