VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hired Dr. Bash

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

My wife was denied Asthma and headaches in 2011. The appeal is currently at BVA and after I had her pull her file from her CVSO, I realized her vet rep was rather incompetent. (Her claim was a real mess and I knew she would lose if something didn't change fast).

My first step was meeting with John Dorle. We bought her paperwork and met at a caribou coffee in Elk River MN, 4 weeks ago.

He proceeded to go over all her paperwork and give us his opinion. He informed us that we would lose and are representation we currently had was inadequate to say the least. He also advised us if we hired him, we should hire Dr. Craig Bash as well.

I was very impressed with John. He seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. He came up with a plan that seemed to make sense rather quickly, so we took his advice and hired Dr. Bash.

We then met with Dr. Bash accompanied by John. He looked over my wife's file and felt confident that he could help us. We hired him that day and wrote a check. He also provided IMO's for new secondary conditions and said he would attend any conference we might have with BVA.

He then contacted us later in the week and asked us for more money because he felt that her case was stronger than he first anticipated. I thought it strange that he would renegotiate an already negotiated price but we agreed.

We paid a lot of money, and I am wondering if any of you have had a bad experience with Dr. Bash in a claim. (If you lose, does he just ride off in the sunset? Does he really live up to his name, ect ect)? I understand that no claim is a guarantee and the VA has a rather large bag of tricks to screw Veterans out of entitlements but I hope these guys will fight for us.

Thanks,

Edited by Philgrenier

And any accredited vet rep or VSO from a Service organization, ( DAV, VFW, AL etc) or county or state veterans agency or affairs department is already being paid by the vet org or county/ state entity they have been hired by.

Vet reps from above have no incentive to really help any vet too much because they get the same paycheck whether they help win or loose a claim.

We had a local vet years ago who had been fired by the AL as a rep. He was caught charging vets money to help them .

Gi used dr Bash and Im waiting on the results of my va and ssdi claims.

I dont know if Ill win. But I know Im in this battle fully loaded.  That peace of mind is worth it.

I would have likely blown the 8k I spent on car stuff or electronics ect anyways.

Many good ime's like I now have may serve me well right now or in the future.

To me win or lose its likely worth it

My wife was denied Asthma and headaches in 2011. The appeal is currently at BVA and after I had her pull her file from her CVSO, I realized her vet rep was rather incompetent. (Her claim was a real mess and I knew she would lose if something didn't change fast).

My first step was meeting with John Dorle. We bought her paperwork and met at a caribou coffee in Elk River MN, 4 weeks ago.

He proceeded to go over all her paperwork and give us his opinion. He informed us that we would lose and are representation we currently had was inadequate to say the least. He also advised us if we hired him, we should hire Dr. Craig Bash as well.

I was very impressed with John. He seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. He came up with a plan that seemed to make sense rather quickly, so we took his advice and hired Dr. Bash.

We then met with Dr. Bash accompanied by John. He looked over my wife's file and felt confident that he could help us. We hired him that day and wrote a check. He also provided IMO's for new secondary conditions and said he would attend any conference we might have with BVA.

He then contacted us later in the week and asked us for more money because he felt that her case was stronger than he first anticipated. I thought it strange that he would renegotiate an already negotiated price but we agreed.

We paid a lot of money, and I am wondering if any of you have had a bad experience with Dr. Bash in a claim. (If you lose, does he just ride off in the sunset? Does he really live up to his name, ect ect)? I understand that no claim is a guarantee and the VA has a rather large bag of tricks to screw Veterans out of entitlements but I hope these guys will fight for us.

Thanks,

No other than he is very busy I even get to see him from time to time as I work at NIH. 

David

Her POA is still the AL. She wont have to dish out a 20% retro payment.

We just had our BVA hearing last week. Dr Bash was sitting in with the Law Judge in Washington during the video conference. He ended up asking for a 30 extension so he could prepare a BVA Post Testimony Report.

10k might sound like a lot, but this is money well spent. If she is granted, my wife and I will make one more final payment just for gratitude. He went the extra mile for us.  

And also, this has been said to be a very complicated/ landmark claim. Bash believes that the Asthma is 100% by itself,

As Ruready has pointed out, you can get IMO's for much cheaper, but those physicians are not going to sit in with a BVA law judge at a video conference and write up a post report to fill in holes for those decision makers.

Sierra said it best: You get what you pay for.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use