VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting For The News

Rate this question

Old 5311

Question

I'm a late life dad with >30% SC. I get a additional amount for a child. Now that he is 18 and enrolled in Community College I wonder if I will get a reduction in compensation. He is working part time and waiting now for the spring term to begin. I am anticipating the letter telling me of my reduction in comp $$. Am I correct?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I'm a late life dad with >30% SC. I get a additional amount for a child. Now that he is 18 and enrolled in Community College I wonder if I will get a reduction in compensation. He is working part time and waiting now for the spring term to begin. I am anticipating the letter telling me of my reduction in comp $$. Am I correct?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Yes, it ceases on his 18th birthday. If they over pay you they will want to recover that money also.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

That's not correct. Since he's going to college you can be paid until a dependent is 23.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had 2 girls in college & just sent info that they were continuing education (forget form #). I think that you will get more than your are getting now. Amount will be same as spouse I think, I hope that's right).

Don Evans

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete,

It's all coming back to me now. They added same amount wife drew for each child over 18 still in school. When I got Chapter 35 they had a choice Dad keep getting $ 140 (or whatever) or each of them getting a check in excess of $800 a month. That was easy to figure out. Thanks Pete, after reading you reply I remembered how all that worked. Man it's bad to be nearly sixty, have PTSD & only part of your mind works.

Don Evans