Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Call From Va Rater

Rate this question

glider222

Question

I sent in my 21-4140 in Jan 2015

Have been rated 90%, tdiu, P&T since 2001.

Received first 21-4140 ever in jan 2015. Worked 13 hrs made 325.00 in 2014

Caused a red flag because it looks like I went back to work

Rater called because they cannot find copies of my treatment records from active duty.

I have my records and to.d rater I would send a copy to the center in GA to be digitized.

I am confused to as why they have to look at ll my records when my award was granted from my PEB/MEB records and records from Walter reed back in 2001.

He was nice enough. Started conversation saying I was well qualified to work based on my 5 MOS's...

I told him it depends on the day and I do not leave the house unless I absolutely have to. Maybe 1 or 2 days a week. Is this whT happens when you are honest? I am so stressed. I hate being under the microscope. He was up front in saying it caused a red flag because it looks like I went back to work and not to worry because it was minimal. But I may just have to have a c&p exam..... He also said he could just get my current records from the va clinic. However I told him that I do not go there for treatment. I still see and have seen the "psychiatrist". That I was sent to while on active duty. I have kept all apps and still take 4 diff meds.

So I have to copy all my med records from active duty and send them to be digitized so he can develop the claim..... Is this normal? I have not been gainfully employed, I am P&T, 54 years old. I do not see reasoning for c&p if they decide to send me to one. This is making my anxiety a nd PTSD go off the charts.

I feel frozen. I cannot even think straight. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by glider222

I gave you the link above to Carlies posts.

I have no idea what you should say to the Sec as now I am completely lost here....this isn't a claims issue....

or is it????

"The kicker here is I am actually 100% sure they owe me for SMC since 2002. But I have been sitting on it because I did not want to bring attention to myself."

Sitting on it?

Maybe since you DO have their attention, since the rater called you, you should request SMC consideration,if you believe the evidence would warrant it..

Dont get too upset, I am sure they will straighten this out, and remember you might be dealing with people who have the intellect of

a houseplant.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta,

Sorry for the confusion. No I did not file any claims, just sent in the 21 4140. I had 325.00 in income for 2014, so I put it down. The rater said he has been trying to get my service records since January and no one has them. I then said, well you should have the info that was used to grant my 90%, TDIU, P&T . i do have all my original records as I have huge trust issues with the Army and VA.

As for the SMC, I just realized I qualify for it by reading this board back in Feb. But I did not want to file any claims as I have a daughter who just started college this year.

L

• HadIt.com Elder

Glider222,

if you have all your copies from when you was awarded TDIU P& T and your disability has not improved try not to worry so much because they have to prove it has big-time....and besides if this comes of anything you have to be sent a proposal to reduce and a reason...you can NOD it & if your disability has got worse over the last 14/15 years ask for an increase if your House bound file for SMS's

that will chap there ass...they have to keep you at TDIU P&T UNTIL This is solved,

with the hadit elder members helping you..> you can't lose buddy!

I wish the RO would leave us veterans alone and get on claims to help other veterans and do there Job.

And stop worrying the hell out all us veterans like this crap.

I think Glider222 is just a target because he turns 55 on his next birthday and they usually leave the veterans alone at age 55 &.. with almost 15 years at TDIU P&T & they pull this shit.

Never report that you worked and made a little extra (especially with TDIU P&T) its good to be honest but they are not honest.

Different parts of the country must differ on sending in the 21-4140 yearly Or the RO's are different?

try not to let it get ya down I bet you can win and beat this and maybe be better off than you was before that rater open his mouth!!!

Hang in there bud!.....your going to be ok.

....................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Phillip, I am P&T. Are you saying that I should put in a claim since they are already in my c file? Do you think

I should try to call the rater back and ask him to look at my awards for the SMC , he did ask me if I had any questions.