Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"get Together" For Hadit Members/fans.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Please "reply" if you have an interest in a get together for hadit members/fans.

I have been to "hugfest" for Hepatitis C Vets (Im not a hep c Vet, but was invited anyway). It was awesome, even tho I could not stay the whole week.

Im not sure the wheel needs to be reinvented here, so its possible/likely to use the "hugfest" as a pattern for the "haditfest".

I have a friend who does much of the planning for the get together for hugfest, and I can check to see if he would plan us one also, if there is sufficient interest.

Altho I normally think of "hadit" for Veterans, I think all of us can agree "Berta" and "Free Spirit" as well as other spouses of deceased Veterans, deserve an invite.

Its even possible that some of you know a corporate sponsor who may even pick up all/or part of the bill for this, since this directly involves disabled Veterans and/or their spouses. Asking the VA to do this would be like pulling teeth..even tho they have no problem putting on million dollar parties for themselves. Maybe someone could "ask Bob" why VA has parties sponsered by VA and why not one for disabled Veterans. (Tho I am not sure I want to even attend if VA puts it on...)
"

Of course, I completely understand that many hadit members are either too sick, or too broke for such a get together.

Some sort of a "regional" get together may be better.

An example of what makes sense is here, in what Asknod calls "hugfest".:

https://asknod.wordpress.com/category/2013-hugfest-magnet-indiana/

Photos are here

https://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/hugfest-photos/

yea, I like having a meeting room, too. I recognize tho, hotel meeting rooms are costly. So, after the date and place is selected, we could simply meet for breakfast or lunch at a resteraunt near to the agreed upon hotel. (or, even the hotel lobby) This way, no one prepares food (big job), and simply reserves a room and a resteraunt for breakfast. (Breakfast is often an inexpensive meal) Lunch is ok, too. If hadit members choose to spend time together, then they can "go off" doing things they like in that area.

• Founder

yes we can all make our own hotel and transportation arrangements once we have a venue. I live in St Louis Mo, so I am in the middle of the country.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think jbasser would be a great organizer/ coordinator for the Shades of Green Hotel & Resort sounds like they have a lot of discounts and no tax for veterans & there family's!

He has been there so he knows the area fairly well.& I believe this hotel will accommodate the Handicap, wheel chair ramps wide doors ect,,ect,,

As for as everyone that wants to go just let all of us here on hadit & who ever becomes the coordinator /organizer know your coming and how many, be good to have an estimated headcount.

I think if there is enough people the conference rooms are free (but we need to find out before any commitments) because I'm not sure on that?? also Jbasser last week on the hadit radio podcast show he mention an airline that is reasonable that flies to Orlando .

Once we all decide on a place it will make things flow more smoothly!

Once we all get there and meet each other we can all decided on what we want to do and just have a ''at will'' Itinerary and plan to meet in the conference room at a certain time for hugs and shake hands and have a good old time!

Be good to make stick-on name tags/with our names & with ''Hadit.com'' name on it. (approved by ms Tbird)

Some of us would just like to sit and drink coffee or a few beers &BS and some would want to get out and go sight seeing & see the mouse and shop as for us were old fogie-stogies we just probably sit and talk my wife Has the gift of gab so anyone that meets her be prepared to do a lot of talking LoL. I am shy and quite and bashful & ugly as home-made soap eh! LoL

With a year to plan seems that a lot of us could save up and make it... we all just make our own reservations & plans.

we would fly in ...and probably stay 3 or 4 days/just the two of us...& it would be great for all the younger vets to bring there family and kiddos they have a lot to see & do in Orlando.

I realize its hard to make a commitment this far out for some and a lot will probably change there minds & that's ok as long as we know maybe within 60 days of advance how many actually plan to attend , anything can happen between now and then but we can still plan for it.

This needs to be a relaxing vacation for all of us.

I could not be an organizer/coordinator because I can't talk very well on the phone. (bad hearing)

Anyway this is just a suggestion!

.....................Buck

I am so sorry everyone but I just couldn't commit but I still want to attend! I am really looking forward to meeting fellow Vet's!

Steph