Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This Is Interesting To Say The Least!

Rate this question

notapb1

Question

My awards letter for IU dated May 8th states: We have assigned a permanent 100% disability evaluation for service connected disabilities effective November 13, 2012.

No examination will be scheduled in the future for your total and permanent disabilities.

I met with the Regional Rep. today for my Commissary Letter. The computer states that I am 80% being paid at the 100% rate and that an examination would be scheduled for 2016.

WHAT THE ####!!!!!!!

We had just met with my SO on Friday last and she went over all the new benefits. Gave me a list of things that my wife and I needed to do and she went on vacation until next week.

Gee do you think someone screwed up or what.

More to follow!

The wait and see attitude paid off. I am P&T at 100%. Thank you all for your feed back! The sun continues to shine.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratz. the VA has several computer software programs and sometimes it takes time for them to catch up. Also the idiots behind the computer screens sometimes don't know where to look.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

My SSD is based on mental, PTSD.

P&T was important due to the benefit of health insurance for wife and educational benefits for daughter. It does not say aanything concerning CH 35, but does say that Basic eligibility to Dependents Educational Assistance is established from November 13, 2012

My retro was based on 100%

The claim is not now nor ever listed on ebenifits.

Thanks all I am taking a wait and see attitude.

The "eligible for Dependents Educational Assistance" statement is Chapter 35. The VA has been doing this for a long time. Instead of coming out and saying it directly, they phrase it instead. It would be a whole lot less headache is they just said it in plain Engrish.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.