Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Emailing Allison Worked

Rate this topic

KansasNavy

All, I don't post often, but I have been reading and following almost daily so I can learn from everyone's experiences. I live in Okinawa and submitted my claim 15 months ago. Had my C&P's about two months ago. I had to use VES contracted Dr's, and the experience was troublesome. Anyway somehow my exams got lost between VES/Okinawa/VA so in frustration I emailed Allison about two weeks ago. Within two days I had two different RO Directors contacting me and then magically yesterday E Benefits changes to Pending Decision, then magically today E-benefits show up with my final rating. It is sad that the only way to get some action is emailing the top of the food chain but it did work. I wouldn't have emailed her if I hadn't really thought they lost my records. Anyway mine is a great success story as they awarded me 90%. Not sure what to do next but will start learning some more from this website. will have to wait for the BBE to see everything in writing.

Sleep Apnea - 50%

DDD from two back surgeries/fusion - 40%

Left Lower extremity radialculopothy - 40%

RBB w hypertensive cardiomyopathy - 30%

Right Lower extremity radialculopothy - 0%

Anemia - 10%

Thigh Impairment due to broken hip in two places - 10%

Hiatal Hernia with GERD (two stomach surgeries - 0%

ED - 0% But is SMC coded.

I came up with 89%. Only thing I don't really understand or think I want to disagree with is the radialculopothy in Right lower leg as the same issues I have in left I have in right and its documented. Not sure how they missed that one. And the GERD. I still have issues with reflux etc... probably going to have to go through the testing again to get it increased.

I am glad that your claim has completed! I agree that it is a shame that such measures were needed to motivate people to do their job. Ultimately though, things in the end, as they always do, work out. Keep your eye out for that massive backpay! I wouldn't be surprised if it hits this week. My case was closed on the 1st or June, and payment occurred on the 3rd. I wish you and yours all of the best! Stick around and stay positive!!!

V/r

Detel

KansasNavy,

Congratulations on a well deserved award.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

GP

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use