VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Rating! Now What?

Rate this topic

seejeremy

Thank you all for the information that you have provided. We didn't think the VA would rate me at 100%, so we had little knowledge on 100% and how it worked. Thank you all again.

Congrats....

Boy these ROs don't like giving out needed P&T to help us get CHAMPVA insurance for our families do they?

To answer your question about the 5 years, there is a stabilization period. Once your medical issues stabilizes then they will review it to see how bad the damage there is. I don't know what your medical issues are so its hard to explain without knowing. But for example: if you have spine issues with arthritis then they will have to wait until the arthritis stabilizes once it kicks in such as in DJD. Then afterwards they will review it again to see if it got better or worse. Such as in my case, I am stuck in limbo, nerve damage in my legs now so there is no fix. Hope you understand why they did the 5 year time period. But, if you have the funds and if your records show permanent issues I would get a NEXUS written up and submit a claim for P&T.

Best of luck, go get your military ID cards so you can get discounts at some lodges and other places.

Edited by rpowell01

I was rated for the following:

70% mdd concurrent

50% sleep apnea

40% sciatica right

30% tracheotomy scar

20% sciatica left

10% deviated septum

10% nerve damage right shoulder (forget medical name for it)

0% hypertension

This is all from memory because e-Benefits is down. How do these ratings work with reevaluations and future appointments? After reading some of the stories here, I'm a little afraid that the docs at the VA will take anything I say at appointments and turn it around in a way to reduce my rating.

Thank you all again for your help and insight.

The VA LOVES to confuse Veterans. A confused Veteran often gives up, or does not even apply for benefits. Your decision is no different.

The VA often uses "codes" as to whether or not you are P and T, and does not come right out and say it, in order to confuse you.

If the letter says you are eligible for DEA Chapter 35, this means you are P and T.

If the VA says no reexams are scheduled, this means you are P and T.

If you AB8 letter on ebenefits says you are P and T then you are P and T.

However, the VA does not always come out and say you are P and T.

I was rated for the following:

70% mdd concurrent

50% sleep apnea

40% sciatica right

30% tracheotomy scar

20% sciatica left

10% deviated septum

10% nerve damage right shoulder (forget medical name for it)

0% hypertension

This is all from memory because e-Benefits is down. How do these ratings work with reevaluations and future appointments? After reading some of the stories here, I'm a little afraid that the docs at the VA will take anything I say at appointments and turn it around in a way to reduce my rating.

Thank you all again for your help and insight.

Yes this is correct to review because they can review any veteran anytime they want. But, it appears your in a stabilization period for your sciatica in your legs. If you have permanent nerve damage in your legs like I do then don't worry about it because EMGs will show proof, in the future, if they got better or worse. The RO's really doesn't know your treatment plans so whenever they see things like "sciatica" they automatically kick in the "stabilization period" just in case your sciatica gets better because of treatment such as surgery or something like physical therapy.

Edited by rpowell01

The VA LOVES to confuse Veterans. A confused Veteran often gives up, or does not even apply for benefits. Your decision is no different.

The VA often uses "codes" as to whether or not you are P and T, and does not come right out and say it, in order to confuse you.

If the letter says you are eligible for DEA Chapter 35, this means you are P and T.

If the VA says no reexams are scheduled, this means you are P and T.

If you AB8 letter on ebenefits says you are P and T then you are P and T.

However, the VA does not always come out and say you are P and T.

My AB8 reads I am NOT P&T but the RO keeps sending me applications and information for my daughter to fill out to go to college. She will be a Senior this upcoming year. They sent them TWICE.

I'm about to file a P&T claim based on previous IMOs the RO used to determine me as IU. But they purposely decided not to give me P&T even though Dr. Bash wrote not just once but twice in two different IMOs that I am P&T.

Edited by rpowell01

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use