• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Well my FDC claim I filed on 2/4/15 is now in PFD

Hopefully it is a positive outcome.....

I filed a claim to connect my teeth(dental) secondary to my ED (Anorexia Nervosa)....

Well BAD NEWS! :sad::sad::sad:

My claim for my teeth secondary to my eating disorder has been denied. Not sure why so I will await the Big Brown Envelope. A little disappointed but it was worth a try.....

TALON II FE:

I feel the same way....and when I first looked at this board...someone was giving advice to another Vet that said "do your best to submit the very best disability claim that you can and then, get yourself a hobby or find a way to pass the time along" Also, he said, to avoid trying to compare your claim timeline against anyone else's because it's an exercise in futility because there are just too many variables from one person to another? It's all like a big roller-coaster ride that seems to be endless sometimes? But, the good news is that you're getting closer and compared to anyone just starting...you are doing well. For me, I've put my efforts into learning as much as I can about the NOD, DRO, CUEs and Appeals processes in case I have to go there? I've also lined up someone to do IMO's if I need them and have been looking at the success rates of some attorneys if I have to eventually go down that road as well. One of my jobs in the military was working operations war strategies, so I'm always trying to figure out what to do next. But. for me, there's little I can do...because most of it is out of my hands right now...My wife asked me, "What are you going to do if you get a good outcome the first time"...I said the current VBA odds and statistics are against it but if I have to do nothing else...I would be happy and relieved...because I don't have the same energy to battle like I did when I was younger....anyway...good luck and I'll be looking for your favoable outcome on hadit.com as you report it in the near future.....godspeed and good luck...rootbeer22..

Thanks rootbeer, all good advice.

Well BAD NEWS! :sad::sad::sad:

My claim for my teeth secondary to my eating disorder has been denied. Not sure why so I will await the Big Brown Envelope. A little disappointed but it was worth a try.....

I am very sorry, Navy4life. I hope you can figure out what went wrong and help the VA get it right next time for you.

I agree, you should appeal. get copies of the dbq for the dental as well as raters decisions in the envelope. It seems to me to a pretty clear cut case of secondary to SC.

But remember you have to make it "So easy a Caveman could do it" for the VA, any hint of "maybe" and they will go against you

Edited by USMC_VET