• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean? Ptsd?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to VAMC today at MH,

seen my Dr...She ask me if I wantd to see a therapist? to possible get better..I said Idon't know but yeah I'd like to get better, she told me to think about it and in the mean time she wants me to see a social worker someone to talk to about things? to maybe help me cope?

I also went & talked to my social worker today and he said I should file a claim to get SC???

heres what I found out via my records today

I went down and got my records.

Anyone know what theses Numbers/Letters mean?

DSM IV PTSD Criteria B is met

DSM IV PTSD Criteria C is met

DSM IV PTSD Criteria D IS met

This is all new to me I understand what the DSM means but not the criteria? B.C.D? Where's A?

Also what is this?

PHQ 9-17 Moderate Severe Depression?

IS THIS FOR RATING PURPOSES OR THE DEGREE OF THE DISABILITY? OR THE SYMTOMS?

BAI-34

PCLM TOTAL 61 ??? <WHATS THAT?/

If this is enough to file for SC?

I Know I will have to prove this is from the military & I can with my service records , also my records indicated a Dr Diagnosed me with Server Depression back in 1999 from my old Bif Spring Tx VAMC Doc...which I never knew about?

the kicker here is the depression was diagnosed before I filed the claim for TDIU THIS WAS IN 2002 nothing was mention in the TDIU claim about the Depression at the Big Spring VAMC?

I Just never thought about filing a SC claim for this because I am RATED 90%Combined and extra scheduler pushed me up to being paid at the 100% rate TDIU P&T since 2002

BUT if I die from it and its SC Then my spouse can file DIC?

I discussed this with my social worker. HE BASICALLY SAID ITS UP TO ME.

Any suggestions? from anybody??

Much Thanks

................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

The Dr's are not telling me anything other than a diagnose of PTSD And or Moderate to server Depression? I know as for as claims they will only rate one not sure you can have both rated?

just not sure if I need to file a claim or not? being I am TDIU P&T. For almost 14 years straight.

Guess I could look it up in the CFR's and see what the criteria is?

Anyone know? Any Help Will Be Greatly Appreciatd.

Thanks

......................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

It definitely sounds like you should get treatment, whether you should file since you're already 100% P&T I'll leave to the experts.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I am being treated/Just don't know how bad it is one way or the other PTSD Or the Severe Depression...I am thinking maybe it could be secondary to my SC Hearing loss but the PTSD Iam not sure about that?.....

TexasMarine I fixed that never could spell worth a s### EH! it is ''Severe''

but the VA's meaning could mean light or not enough or some off the wall crap that usually shoot at us.

................Buck

does the social worker know u are already 100? if so have u considered applying for homebound. ? Which means you dont get out very much, doesnt mean wheechaired or bedridden.

Are u getting near a point of needing aid and attendance? your life partner should not be forced to become your sherpa, the va should pay for someone to come by and give u help.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I don't get out much just my VA Appointments , here lately that's been every week

(IN Move program) trying to lose some weight.hoping that will help me feel better just so freaking tired and fatigued feeling all the time 24x7

I don't like it but its my only choice, don't like to be around a lot of people or crowds

The Social worker can look on the computer and see my rating as well as all the Dr's he just said even tho Iam getting paid at the 100% rate that there's SMC's He said I was eligible for but got to file for it for SC

and I don't know what to do...sure we could use the extra $ my spouse just lost her income and its going to be 6 months before SSD will pay were barley making it on what I got coming in...this is what the social worker and I discussed today he just said its totally up to me.

Edited by Buck52