10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Where the money went is now and why they aren't looking for it raises some interesting questions. Between 2012 and 2014 I had a position dealing with International Military Students which forced me to work regularly with our Base Finance. I found errors that amounted to 100's of thousands of dollars of underpay annually. No one seemed to care, there was no way to contact all the concerned parties without created an International Incident and giving ourselves a 'black eye'. They hadn't noticed, so 'no harm, no foul'. I brought up this same point: how, with quarterly and annual audits, do you not discover 'all this extra money'? Where did it go? This had gone on for YEARS and YEARS.

I believe it was being shaved off into dummy accounts and reported it up my Chain, but no one wanted to truly investigate. About 6 months later, I found out that one of the airmen working for the civilian GS running the section had been PCA'ed from a nearby Base to ours for essentially doing exactly that and then buying himself a new car with the money. How he is still in the military, I have no idea. He should have been incarcerated and given a bad conduct discharge. I tried to get the GS-12 fired (impossible, by the way) who had been working there 22 years and in charge, but did not seem familiar with the basics of her own regulations. Several times, they sent money that was meant for one student to another or paid the per diem for multiple students to just one account. They continued to try and shave days off of the per diem, and I am absolutely positive they continue to do it today.

I am sure the VA is the same, there is too much corruption in our society and 'white collar crime' is rarely punished. I would bet there is a good chance someone at the VA (or a relative, dummy account, etc) received your money, not some random vet and they can't locate the routing numbers used in the transaction? I don't buy it.

Edited by TALON II FE

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation on the partial win :)

Keep after them lady!

.............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Berta:

Congrats..I figure if anyone is going to get a win with a complicated case and rules that it's going to be you or someone like Asknod for sure. I'm still learning and know that it's going to take many years to get to your level....thanks for sharing this and what you do for all of us? Godspeed...rootbeer22

Congratulations! I dont know if you have ever seen the show "the Carbanoro Effect", but VA reminds me of this. This is a "hidden camera" magic tv show.

He hast suff like "inflatable hot dogs" and all kinds of crazy stuff. Va performs "magic" and makes our benefits disappear.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use