VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Succes! 11 Months Start To Finish, Got My 1St Comp Check, But.....

Rate this topic

traveler

Success!

Filed 8 Aug 2014

Completed 1 July 2015

Received first concurrent receipt check TODAY.

BUT......BUT......I am owed 10 months back pay and they DIDN"T GIVE IT TO ME!

So, anyone knows what's up with that? I am getting my retirement AND disability, so I am in the system, but they didn't give me my money.

So, what can I do about it? I'm looking at a bit over $15K

Thanks.

traveler,

Congrats on your successful claim. What did your award letter say? It should have some info giving you an idea on what's coming. For example, I had a claim that just finalized, letter said claim received in May, (18th, I believe) and award date of June. So I received 1 month retro, which was pending in my bank account on the same day I got the letter in the mail. I have read on here that some Vets, who are retirees, have had some issues with either their comp or retro, or both. Something to do with DFAS having to do an audit on you, in reference to your pension and compensation. I'm not too sure of the particulars, but some of the vastly more experienced Hadit members can and will share some words on that, with you. Hope it won't take too long to get your retro.

Semper Fi.

Andy

search the recent CRDP posts.here .you are not alone...

And send DFAS the info yourself.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation and be sure and check your Bank Account, when I got my award I never received a check for backpay/retro..it was in the Bank and I never knew it until a month later.

they just send it direct deposit.

.................Buck

Congratulations

When you are retired, they do an AUDIT, to make sure that VA disability and retirement is reconciled. It could take a long time, and, some things can be deducted. As Berta says there is a lot here on concurrent receipt, and you would have to read up on it.

Sit back and relax, it will likely be months before its reconciled.

If it comes before several months, then consider it a blessing. Dont hold your breath for that retro, many have and have been disapponted. On the plus side, it sounds like you are getting military retirement and va disability, and the vA is non taxable. So, this will give you some time to wisely plan on what to do with your retro when it does arrive.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use