VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Succes! 11 Months Start To Finish, Got My 1St Comp Check, But.....

Rate this topic

traveler

My Dad is one of the "lucky" ones, who was enjoying the concurrent receipt penalty. He was losing a big chunk of his 60% VA comp, to cover for his 68%, high 3, E-7 w/24yrs, Army retirement check. This started in late '94, about 2 years after he retired, it took that long to get his VA award. It went on for many years, until he was made whole, after the law was changed/fixed/corrected. Because he was under 70% VA, his restoration, I believe, was 10% of the penalty amount per year, for 10 yrs, added back, until his penalty was cleared. He never complained, but praised God when the law was fixed.

Traveler, I know your pain. If you are retiree, the VA has to do that audit. word to the wise, take Berta's advice and send the award letter to DFAS yourself. More often than not if you let the process work on its own, it will get screwed up as it did in my case. I gave the VA two months to work through the DFAS audit, only to find out the VA never sent the award letter to DFAS. Wasted two more months of my life waiting on the VA. Its what I get for trusting the VA to do the right thing. I just faxed my award letter to DFAS hoping they can start the process sooner. I would call and bug the VA and DFAS every week until they get it right.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use