VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P what is it like?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What is a C&P  Exam of PTSD like?  I mean what type of questions does the Doc ask?...Do they pay attention has how your dressed &  your body language ect,,ect,,

or do you just set there and answer the questions?  what happens if you get pissed during the exam?

My patients are very then these days.

Any opinion and suggestions welcome

Thank you in Advance

...................Buck

I looked on ebennys at my report ''Notes'' and everyone I talk to in MH says things in the report ''Notes''  the social worker &  the NP that drilled me for questions and about my meds, and the Psychiatrist  says she explain to the veteran and he understands how to take his meds  ect,,ect,,& the therapist says things  that are what we talked about  but I don't think it will help my claim.? just things like I need to let go  ect,,ect,,, deal with my life.

they  all mention my vietnam days and my stressors  boots on ground ect,,ect,, 3 or 4 times....my psychiatrist ask me if I was filing a claim?  I said I don't know  never thought about it..

i WILL File a claim but I wanted to make sure I have all the documentations I need and evidence  and list it accordingly with high-litghted  paragraphs in neon color and present my claim in an orderly fashion to make it eazy to read and understand....for those idiot raters

I go see her (psychiatrist) again the 16th of Sept  I guess for a check up and see how the meds are doing for me?

Should I ask her if she will help me with a claim? or write me a letter for evidence to present to the rater?

I don't know if she will do it or not  but I wanted to get all this information before I file the claim.

Right now I been trying to find a private Dr that will help me and take his/her pay  after I win...so for no luck on that!  and I can't afford to get a IMO  it maybe the right thing to do but my spouse just was declared disabled and were waiting on her 1st SSDI Check   which we can't expect until Dec of this year, it takes all I got coming in to pay the bills and we just sit at home  never get out  I just go to my VA  and thats it.

I do save aluminium cans  I I have about 12 big 40 gallon sacks full of crushed beer &soda pop cans in my storage building   waiting on the price of aluminium/metal to go up  right now its to low to sell.

...............Buck

Buck, off topic from VA stuff but i wanted to pass on a few ways to make some side cash if it will help.

When i was going to school on GI Bill, i had a wife and a kid on the way and while the 9/11 is pretty generous compared to montgomery, where we were living it was expensive for cost of living so i started to work and hustle on the side to make ends meet (i wasnt rated at that time so i was paying private insurance for all the OB visits, was probably about 5k in expenses once it was all said in done for all the visits, birth and post)

Books.

If you go into any bookstore (used) and/or my favorite, public/university library they all have wifi usually.  get a laptop or if you phone has a browswer and connect to that (so you dont incur data charges). 

Go to Amazon.com and then start looking through the books they are selling (usually in public/university libraries its free or .25ish for the books).  start to look up the books on amazon and see what they are going for.  dont be fooled by the highest price look and see what the median price is for the book, i have seen 20 people selling a book for $5 and one guy selling it for $95. $95 is not the real price, $5 is, and since you want to move the merchandise i would cut your price by 25% so that it sells quick.  if i was getting the book for free or under $1 and the price was <$5 i would buy it and list it.

to list it, google, "amazon seller".

If you already have an account with amazon you will jsut sign up to be a seller, if you dont you will have to sign up for the whole shebang.

Advice -

1) be careful about amazon fees they are not a set rate like ebay (example 3% of selling price, etc), they vary and i found that i would always profit if the price (selling) was over $5.  i could profit lower than that, but to me unless i got to the point i was mailing out 100 books a day it wasnt worth the trips to the PO for just .45 profit.  I got burned a few times on a book, it was listing for like $2 and i sent it out and after mailing and amazon fees i was actually PAYING to send it out, make sure you know your margins.

2) make sure you mail them out via "Media Mail" this is a special rate via USPS that lowers cost for sending books, CD's and DVD's.  You cannot have anything other than that in there, no correspondence or "thank you for buying" letters.  its cheap.  send it that way.  You get a specific amount on to mail it regular and more for "expedited" i also went with regular.

3)this is not a get rich deal, but it would give me a few hundred extra a month if i was smart about it.

POOP

The second way i made money was by picking up dog poop. if you live in any city/town or decent size there are people with dogs/cats.  a certain percentage of those people do not want to pick up the poop and are willing ot part with money to not do it. 

all the tools required are a hand trowel, rubber gloves and a trash bag, old shoes, hand sanitizer.

I would look up local dog popp picker uppers in the area, find out their prices (say $20 for one dog per week) and then undercut them by 25% (at first to get customers).  I would charge $15 for one dog per week with an additional $4 per dog after that.  I had one lady with 3 dogs of various sizes who paid me $45 a to come twice a week.  place fliers at supermarkets and on craigslist.  offer 1st week free or something to get people to call, basically you clean up once, they like what you do they can sign on.  I also got secondary jobs doing this, i would come to pick up and they would say "he would you weed wack the fencline for $50 or would you shovel the snow off the deck for $30, etc.  I could have made it a full time business, but we were going to move once i graduated so i stuck with 3 clients and made around 300-350 extra a month.  when i worked it out, it was good money for my time.  I would plan around their schedule but also mine so that when i came when i was already coming to or close to that area anyways to save on extra trips for gas. basically it worked out to liek 40 bucks an hour since i could do a yard in under 15 minutes.  some folks used those rakes and stuff i found it faster to just have a rubber glove and grab it. 

i also offered kitty litter removal. go in scoop out the poop once a week, once a month i would change the kitty litter out completely.  If it was a larger box, one medium bag of kitty litter or 1/2 a large bag would usually fill it.  I would buy the litter and keep the receipt, i would invoice them and write 1/2 bag @ 12.49 per bage = 6.25 and charge them cost for the litter plus $10 for the clean up, its fast and easy.  people gain trust in your when you are transparent about nove overcharging them for the litter, etc.  some would provide their own, and thats fine, one les spiece of overhead cost for me.

Advice

1) have  a pair of dog shit shoes, only use these for the cleanups, you will step in dog poop.  hose them off at home.

2) hand sanitizer, dog poop can have bacteria, etc.  so use hand sanitizer after every cleanup.  plus you dont want to spread one dogs disease to another clients pets.

3) I found it builds trust that i invoice AFTER the month is over, sure you might get burned once or twice, but people like paying after the job is done.  you can switch after a relationship is built, say 1 year into it.

4) always, always, always require that the dogs be inside.  work out with the owner the best time. so say they tell you between 130-1445 is the best time, make sure you tell them that the dogs have to be inside during this time.  I dont care how "friendly" they are and how "they would never hurt a fly", that is true for many dogs, but it doesnt take but one time to be screwed over.  I should have known better, but i had a client with two shepherds he had me come over and clean and he brought them out to "get used to me" this was a initial clean up so it was about 30+ minutes to do. he was out there for awhile so they would know i was ok, then he left to go back to work, i was supposed to leave out the fence gate.  about 5 minutes after he left, the one dog was really nice, happy go lucky, the other was just kindof walking around but staying close ot where i was and watching.  He then started to low growl, once he started that the other went from oh im fine to, ok ill join in, they were herding me to a back corner but i was able to slip closer to gate.  by then they were barking and barring teeth.  i got out but then realized that i had taken off my hoodie and my phone and keys were in there.  cant go home, cant call the client.  I finally remembered i had beef jerky in the truck so i through some over the fence they focused on that, i opened the gate and kept throwing if farther away from me and towards the deck.  then i threw some through the open glass door into the house, and shut the door on them.  finished the job and then went home.  never again.  Pluse its a pain in the ass to try and pick up poop as they are sniffing around you.

Make a complaint to the directors of the facility if an examiner makes threats or is rude. Google the VA facility you had the exam and search for the staff in charge. First Name.Last Name@VA.gov

we don't take threats or rudeness.