VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Final Rating Showed Up on EBenefits this morning

Rate this topic

DICK HILL

I finally got hold of DFAS regarding my CRDP retro today 19 Nov 15.  I was told DFAS has finished the audit on 10 Nov 15 and that DFAS would send a letter to the VA between 1 and 5 Dec 15.  If DFAS finished the audit on 10 Nov 15, then I am wondering why DFAS is waiting until 1 Dec 15 to send the letter to the VA telling them to go ahead and pay my retro money.  Any thoughts from anyone?

Dick Hill

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted DFAS again today.  Now DFAS is telling me I probably won't receive my retro pay until late January.  For some reason DFAS is doing another audit before sending the letter to the VA to tell them to pay my retro.  Did not give reason for the additional audit.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a very prosperous and Happy New Year.

Dick Hill

• HadIt.com Elder

DICK HILL ,

Congratulations on your increase Buddy

any increase is better than none, & keep up the good fight until your satisfied with your ratings.

Merry Christmas to you and yours & a. safe and healthy prosperous New Year.

................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, and wish you continued future success.  Your fight isn't over until you decide your through.  If you haven't appealed to the Board of Appeals, my advice would be to do so.  

What I did that I feel helped was to go to the BV Appeals web site and looked at previous cases.  Found similar cases to my situation and where the BVA granted compensation to the Veteran, I used that case file number as a reference in my BVA appeal.  It's amazing home much disparity there is from one VA exam to another.  I don't remember where on this site I was referred to, but someone had put the idea out to review BVA web site court docket.  There is a wealth of info there and you just have to be patient and sort through the cases with similar ailments.

Edited by pepperD

Was there ever a reason given for the Audit? Can't recall ever reading about a similar Retro Hold-up. Have you received the Official Award Letter, to include a discussion of your Retro award and it's staging?

You do have your Direct Deposit Account set up for Txt and E-mail notification of all transactions, right?

Have you mentioned if your Nov & Dec Comp payments reflected your New 80% Rate??

Semper Fi

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use