Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

eBenefits as a Trigger Point

Rate this question

green

Question

I completely understand how people can become so angry watching their claims in eBenefits. 

I filed a FDC (secondary conditions including peripheral neuropathy, autonomic neuropathy, diabetic retinopathy) starting last December.  My claim included all my VA medical records that pertain to the secondary conditions, I also supplied a EMG exam that did prove I have PN in hands and feet.  I finished my C&P exams in August (all very favorable and in agreement with my claims) and have watched the status ping-pong for the last few months. 

The claim was in Prep for Notification for 11 days and then went back to Preparation for Decision for 8 days and today it is in Gathering of Evidence.  I guess I just don't understand the process.  If you submit a Fully Developed Claim, why would it need to go back to Gathering of Evidence (outside of the C&P exam)?

I know there are many of you that have been waiting longer than I have to have your claims resolved, I don't know how you do it and maintain any measure of sanity or sense of perspective.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

In my last claims a couple of years ago, the status never changed while they were shoveling it around. I stopped checking it daily because I lost a lot of sleep over it. I ended up getting other hobbies and checking it every week, which meant less disappointment for me, but I continued to check the mailbox and my bank account daily.

We can only speculate why this might occur. From being called by raters (don't know if they still do it) to discuss their findings, I learned that the (so-called) QA may identify something not being properly verified and they kick it back to the rating team for more development. Not sure if that would be the case for you, but wish you the best of luck with your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm tempted to think that "Production, Production, Production" is part of the Answer.

Another aspect is how and what data is entered into E-Benefits. Some may be "automatic",

and the rest requiring manual input.

Remember that the VA's IT systems are a conglomeration that sometimes works well, and sometimes not.

Worse case scenario, your claim is no-longer an FDC. If at any point during the FDC process, a rater decides (for any reason) that some sort of additional Evidence (medical or otherwise) is needed, your FDC becomes a Reg Axx claim. That may or may not be the case here, remember patience is a virtue.

According to a few postings here on Hadit, you could stroll into your VARO and ask to speak with the rater handling your claim to discuss evidence necessary to get your award granted. I can't see it happening but what do I know. How would raters get anything done?

I recently received an Award Letter from an FDC Filed 07/15, C&P 09/15, Award Letter 11/13/15. When compared to my Reg Axx claims awards in years past, this would have to be classified as "Warp Speed."

As in the Crotch, it's Hurry up and wait. If Retro is involved, your direct deposit account will usually receive the payment about 2-3 weeks before you receive the Official VA Big Brown Award Envelope. You probably should set up a Txt/E-Mail Alert on your Checking account. I knew at 7:30am the morning after my Retro hit the previous evening 6:30pm.

Semper Fi

Green,

Ya gonna go insane in the brain, if you become an ebennies junkie! I must fight the urge everyday, to check my account as well, and it's driving me crazy, both the checking and the not checking! LOL!

Semper Fi.

Andyman

Every time I look at Ebenefits I get ticked off. Then I make calls to my DAV and Congressional reps.

I should probably avoid it since it's really pinging my anxiety but I've been at this for a year already with no progress.

Haven't been able to get a C&P yet.