Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO TDIU

Rate this question

Sgscott1

Question

I am currently 80% and have a Remand for TDIU from the BVA. The remand was due to the original RO not even considering my TDIU claim along with BVA granting service connection for diabetes . I am service connected for diabetes type 2 on insulin. I have developed Autonomic Neuropathy which causes syncope and near syncope several hospitalizations. The VA rated my Autonomic Neuropathy under Gastroperesis which I also developed due to AN. I also have orthostatic hypotension episodes regularly(at least 15 times a month. My Physician of 5 years wrote an IMO that I could "Not secure or maintain a substantially  gainful occupation due to my Diabetic Neuropathy". In 2009 I was placed on FERS Disability retirement due to Diabetes. I have a C&P for my TDIU next week and the VA called me to schedule it and they stated they were going to look at all of my rated conditions. I would like to know if anyone has an information or advice or criticism as to whether my IMO is helpful and is it normal for a complete C&P for all conditions for a TDIU claim. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sgscott1

Yes, that should have weight as well as the IMO, as long as it followed the IMO criteria here at hadit.

You mentioned many problems that could certainly be directly due to the DMII.......did the doctor opine on them as well as the diabetic neuropathy?

Under FERs, have you had to apply for SSDI yet? If so, did SSDI award and does their award solely reflect SC disabilities you have? Specifically was it awarded solely for the diabetes?

If so, does VA know of the SSDI award?

"I am currently 80% and have a Remand for TDIU from the BVA. The remand was due to the original RO not even considering my TDIU claim along with BVA granting service connection for diabetes . I am service connected for diabetes type 2 on insulin."

That remand is a good example of how the ROs have deliberately  shifted their backlog problems  to the BVA.

The BVA remanded because the VA committed a CUE. Ridiculous.

VA has caused and continues to cause the backlog. Veterans like you are victims of it.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Just had my C&P. Very knowledgeable to my conditions. In my surprise she found 3 other secondary conditions that I should be rated for. IBS, Genitourinary, and Neurological. Everything was in my favor including the TDIU.I was so surprised yet so appreciative that there are some genuine C&P doctors out there, I was told to give it about 8 weeks and if I did not here anything call my VSO. Feeling Good right now hopefully the rater will concur.

On 12/21/2015 at 3:05 PM, Sgscott1 said:

Just had my C&P. Very knowledgeable to my conditions. In my surprise she found 3 other secondary conditions that I should be rated for. IBS, Genitourinary, and Neurological. Everything was in my favor including the TDIU.I was so surprised yet so appreciative that there are some genuine C&P doctors out there, I was told to give it about 8 weeks and if I did not here anything call my VSO. Feeling Good right now hopefully the rater will concur.

GREAT! And welcome to the TDIU club!

RE "...the genuine doctors out there..."  Sure is surprising sometimes, huh... 8-)

And the "...give it about 8 weeks..." to hear anything... I have only received a SUMMARY OF CASE letter explaining how the VA is paying my lawyer "directly", though that letter mentioned my being awarded increase from 40% to 70% TBI and getting 100% TDIU.  I will be at that 8 week mark without an OFFICIAL Rating Letter tomorrow Friday Jan. 8, 2015.  I got a small retro check and my 1st 100% check/deposit on the first, so that feels good but I still fret over remaining ratings for MDD and OSA that I can show in my STRs.  Shoot, the recent C&P Psychologist (same one as original C&P in 2013) this time found "...as likely as not..." that my MDD was a result of my 1972 TBI.  SO that being said, I do NOT understand why my MDD rating/service-connection was not referred to in the Summary of Case Letter. 

The wheels of the VA work slowly indeed...

Edited by HorizontalMike

• HadIt.com Elder

you should ask for P&T Also!

jmo

..................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!