Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

closed claim? by the 10th

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What happens  when a veteran files a ptsd claim  and the claims intake center sends him information of what they want from him three things they ask for on the 11-8th 15 and the veteran sends in submits his statement in support of claim with evidence and records in support of his claim, statements from spouse, statements from veteran medical records VA Notes  and the three things they want and the VA Never acknowledge it and says to the veteran he has 30 days to send it  and the veteran did send it   ...and the VA close his claim...what can the veteran do?

ebenefits don't show they received it and says the claim will be closed by 12-10-2015 although it says  ''gathering evidence''!

The veteran as his return receipt where some one at the claims intake center sign for it.

btw

This veteran is me.  I have 4 days left.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks In Advance

...............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Certified, return receipt is fine, however, I think Priority Mail envelope with signature required is much better. You can do label online and print out with tracking information. Also, can get regular updates via email every step of delivery. The final delivery email will let you print the date, time, name and signature of person who signed. Delivered in two days !! Total cost < $7.50  ..... In my opinion, better than certified, rr.  

New system is set up based on a 100% electronic record based file system. They now give out 2 addys for mail, one east coast, one west coast, and both are nothing but a scanning operation that puts hard copies into the computer file system.  Uploading evidence into EBenefits and sending them by mail is duplicative, and someone has to actually go over the 2 documents in the system to validate that they are not 2 different things.  The mail takes up to and/or more than a month more or less, to get into the file.  Uploading documents seems to be much faster to me. 

Thing is, I have yet to need to pursue any accountability issues with them for documents uploaded to the EB site.  That's a bridge that I have yet to cross.

This is your PTSD claim, right. Is this an FDC or Reg Axx Claim, I can't remember?  I could be wrong but I don't think the VA will issue a PTSD Award  without a PTSD C & P DBQ being completed, the whole Forensic Exam thing has to be covered.

At this point, you have proof you mailed documents to the VA, so I wouldn't sweat it. But let's say, for whatever reason, the proof of mailing doesn't give you peace of mind. What to do, E-File it, Fax It OOOOOOOOR Hand Deliver it to your RO. I know, the VA has Central Mailing locations for Claim related documents. If you showed up at your RO (early in the am), I would think are still be obligated to Accept, Date Stamp and make copies of all your Documents and forward same to the VA Intake Center. You'll probably piss some VA Clerks off, but so what, they work for us.

At the very least, you would be able to use (1) of the VSO's, usually located on the same floor as RO, to scan all your Evidence and attach it to your Claim via your E-Ben site.

Semper Fi