Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Never seen a IU claim move so fast!!!!!

Rate this question

ogj23

Question

I had a C&P exam on the 29th and the has been completed on the 31st that's fast. I don't know if that's good or bad, the claim is for IU they say the letter will be mailed out on the 4th. I checked the A8B letter no changes to it yet hopefully it changes on the 4th. If any one has any thoughts please post them. Thanks

Yes, Buck.  I emailed Allison Hickey, and that is how I finally got the VARO "off their duff" and got them to complete the implementation of a BVA remand in "only" 3 years, and finally got back to the BVA in a mere 8 years.    VA looks for glitches to place your claim on hold, just like they did mine.  Remember, they did not even adjuticate the TDIU for 6 years, until 2008, even after I repeatedly requested they do just that.   Now, I am going on 14 years, total, for a BVA decision, and, if it takes another 3 years to implement THAT one also, this will be 17 years or more.  I see how Alex went 20 years, as its possible mine takes more than 20 years for VA to finally get it right.  

I remember a Vet telling me, back in 2002, that his claim had taken 5 years.  I could not beleive that there was any way VA could delay a claim 5 years.  Now I know that 5 years is mostly a minimum, with appeals, which is about 80 percent of the time.  

Dont know if it is good or bad that it moved so fast, but none the least it is moving. Good luck and keep us posted bud. Hopefully it will be good news. God Bless

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

I read C&P notes the question (does limit my ability to work impact that's what they said on two different conditions)I hope that's good for IU. 

• HadIt.com Elder
On 1/1/2016 at 0:39 PM, Buck52 said:

broncovet, Just my opinion here

but I think when a veteran already SC. FOR A 90% or higher % they tend to not get in a hurry for that veterans claim...why? I think maybe they do the younger veterans claims before vs working an older vets claim...sure seems like it .

nothing against the younger veterans  & I realize they also have to wait long times for their claims too

broncovet you should try to write your congressman or anyone higher up as for as helping with VA Claims

have you contacted The New Undersecretary of VA?

..............Buck

"I think maybe they do the younger veterans claims before vs working an older vets claim...sure seems like it"

After all,  older veterans might just croak before the claim is completed. If the survivors don't know how to substitute,

the government (VA) wins!

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet,

Just a thought?

but could you send your claim to another RO to one that is not so over logged? and ask them to work/decide your claim with all your evidence presented...because your claim has be  waiting for 13 years at your present RO..And you request the New RO expedite your claim.ASAP

because some RO's Are not ''BACKLOGGED'' as most of the others are.

jmo

...................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!