Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Call for my PTSD C&P Today!!!!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a call today from a place in  Diamond California called Lockheed Martin QTC  she gave me a location and a Dr's Name to go to for my PTSD C&P  Its a private Dr  in Euless Tx Clinic  (Ft Worth Tx)  AT 10:00 AM Sat  Jan 23rd 2016.

address 350 Westparkway office 120

Euless Tx

Anybody familiar with that place....>  Dr Gordon..?

Anyway she said the VA will send me a letter before the 23rd Jan letting me know the name /address and the name of The Dr   time and place  for the PTSD C&P Exam.

What should I bring myself?  some of my medical records and things of record I sent to the VA? MH Notes  VA PTSD Diagnoses?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

...Buck

Edited by Buck52

Buck, I'm not familiar with that particular doctor but ive had three exams through QTC before, and they went pretty well. I would bring any evidence you feel is important and relevant to your claim, just in case they dont have acess to those records. I had a better experience with QTC then with VES(Veterans evaluations service) and i hope you drew a good doctor, i think everything will work out in your favor.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank flores97

Thats good to know...I bet they don't have access to my records?  maybe he will have my C-file?  because I don't have it   had requested it about 4 months almost 5.now  still not a word on it  ,I was hoping I'd get it before a C&P EXAM.

.............Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

What do I expect at a PTSD C&P Exam?

Just answer his questions   look him in the eye  or look off..I can only imange he will be setting at a computer or taking notes   this is not  a VA Dr   its VA order contract.

should I take copies of everything I sent in with my claim?

do I show the examiner these copies?

I don't want to offer to much information  but I do want him to read my records of evidence.

him not having access to my VA Records  unless the VA sends them to him in time or before my exam?  

anyone have any suggestions? opinions?

Thanks

..........................Buck

Hi Buck!

I had my PTSD increase C&P with the VES.  My appointment was in Frisco, TX.  All of the VES contracted doctors have access to your VA records (I asked).  They normally have 72-hrs (working days) to complete thier report and return it to the VA.

With regards to what to expect:  Be yourself.  Be 100% honest.  Frame your answers as related to your WORST day/symptoms.  Most doctors will start off by asking "How are you doing"... its OK to let them know that you are nervous/anxious/scared/.  My VES Psych said that she had been doing VA evaluations for 8 years.  Your Psych Evaluator should be very familiar with the VA process.

During my PTSD increase C&P, my examiner didn't use a computer.  She had a legal pad and just asked me a series of questions.  If your examination is an initial PTSD exam, your examiner may use a computer or they may not...  Regardless remember to frame your answers as related to your worsd day/symptoms...  and be honest!  Most Psych's that have been doing these exams can pick up on BS so try to relax and just answer the questions as best as you can.

I wrote out some notes to bring with me for my exam and I also had copies of my initial PTSD C&P as well as some of my VA Psych treatment notes. There is nothing wrong with bringing notes with you to your C&P.  I had one page of notes that contained all of the details for my stressor event(s)... dates, location, what happend, names of KIA & WIA, etc.  Use these notes to help you remember how this event affected you (fear / helplessness / guilt / etc.).  I had a second page of notes where I listed all of my symptoms along with 2-3 examples under each symptom... for example:  Suicidal Ideations (2-3 examples); Memory Loss (2-3 examples); Obsessive behaviors (2-3 examples); Panic Attacks (2-3 examples); Impaired Impulse (2-3 examples); Depression (2-3 examples); Unprovoked Anger (2-3 examples); Avoidance (2-3 exmples); etc.

Main point is to think through how the stressor incident affects your work/home life/relationships with others/your normal daily routine.  This will help you with the questions during your PTSD C&P.

Good luck and please let us know how your C&P goes!

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you OEF21B

I google this Dr  Charles Gordon at the above address   and if  this is the Dr thats going to do my PTSD Exam?   I don't much think he is qualified? IF this is the correct Dr?

he shows to be a Obestrician/Gynocologist...I was thinking wtf  should I ask him about his Qualifications ? for a PTSD Exam?

...........Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

I got to go to the exam...but looks like the VA would have check his credentials first?

aghhhhhhhhh