Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tomorrow is my PTSD C& P NERVOUS!

Rate this question

pumibel

Question

Hi everyone! I have not been in here for a while since I have started some classes. I bet I have some catching up to do! Last week I received a phone call from VES to schedule all of my exams ASAP, so tomorrow is my PTSD exam. I have been stressing about it for the past few days, but I know that cannot help. Next week I have to see the dentist on the 25th, a regular general medical doctor on the 27th, and on the 29th I have a bunch of X-rays and an echo-cardiogram scheduled. 

The VA had sent me a letter, dated for the 24th of December 2015, stating that they could not settle my case under the FDC program because they needed to know where all of my aches and pains were located. I was not surprised that they were going to remove my claim from the FDC, but the reasoning was suspect. I had provided all of the pain locations on my claim, and when I go to eBennies and look at my pending claim, I can see all of the places listed. Today I received another VA letter stating that the Dec letter was an error, and that all of my appointments would be scheduled very soon, so my claim would stay in the FDC program after all. yay!

I still do not know where my STRs are! The agencies from which I have requested my records (except for my local VA records) have all sent me letters stating that they do not have them. Argh!

I hope everyone here has had a pleasant holiday season and a good start for the new year!

EDIT: I was going to ask a few questions, and I totally forgot! Here are my most pressing ones:

Should I bring notes with me?

What do they do during the PTSD C&P? I have only answered some survey questions in the past and didn't discuss the actual event. I am very anxious about that!

Edited by pumibel
Forgot to ask my questions!

Buck!!!

I'm praying you get rated properly for this, it's long overdue for you. 

I'm still trying to grab that brass ring, if only that ignoramus would stop yanking it back out of reach, every time I get close!

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman

Thanks Buddy

I understand your frustration just never ever give up  , I believe each denial has hope  as long as we keep fighting.

I  don't feel to good about my C&P it went to eazy , the examiner mention she read all my records and evidence

& letters the VA sent her...but I have my doubts,  even tho I  thought the  C&P Exam went ok, we never know what the VA is going to do. now its  waiting time.

I wish you the best with all your claims you will prevail just never give up.

Thanks for your support.

....Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

I might add this

Here lately  it seems the raters contact the examiners Before our C&P Exams and some how they ''may'' convince the examiner before the exam to deny this veteran because of ( what ever)  usually not a diagnose or lack of evidence, so its basicly up to the C&P examiner to read our evidence and make an honest decision.

if the raters say this to the examiners/we may never know?

jmo

............Buck

3 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I might add this

Here lately  it seems the raters contact the examiners Before our C&P Exams and some how they ''may'' convince the examiner before the exam to deny this veteran because of ( what ever)  usually not a diagnose or lack of evidence, so its basicly up to the C&P examiner to read our evidence and make an honest decision.

if the raters say this to the examiners/we may never know?

jmo

............Buck

Buck;

I doubt that...Sorry have to disagree...The VA is not out to get us Vet's...It may seem like that but in reality they are not calling C&P Examiner's to sabotage our exams.  Stop being paranoid! LOL....

Navy4life, I'm sorry but Buck is absolutely right. I can't say that happens all the time, but there are quite a few times raters have been caught trying to influence the examiners, in fact, I just read a post about that here on had it. We are not saying at all that every rater does that, but it DOES happen, and that is an unfortunate fact. The post I just read had something to the effect the raters comments to the c&p examiner were accidentally uploaded into the vets myhealthevet, lol, I'm sure there was some scrambling after that one. Its a fairly recent post, either in c&p exam questions or appeals(NOD, BVA, USCAVC). Im sorry i cant remember the exact forum and title but its here. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy4life  I hope your right, but when a veteran has everything needed to have their claim adjudicated  the raters seem to just shoot that out of the water.

I feel pretty good about how my exam went..but I also have my doubts about the examiner/raters.

my reason for thinking this

usually an examiner will go through your records with you and add to it if need be, this examiner just mention that she read all my records and evidence stressors ect,,ect,, and felt she did not need to go through all that with me and just get me up-set and ruin my day (I said thank you mam), she just ask me about my childhood if I was ever or anyone in my family had mental disorders, and she ask me about my sleep apena  if VA Prescribe a CPAP Machine an that I was diagnose by the VA for S.A. which I said yes mam

who is to say that was just a cover-up? to make the veteran feel good about his /her exam

After I got home  I started being paranoid.

If I get denied I will be somewhat surprised  if I get a good SC Rating I will be surprised.

I read a post this morning about a veteran that was denied about this issue.

I try to be positive about the exam 

now that makes me paranoid ...Lol

eh!

....Buck