VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

upload documents to ebenefits

Rate this question

OCDMarine

Question

I have recently been uploading my Medical documents into Ebenefits.  It seems to be rather easy to scan the documents into my computer and then upload them..  I filed my claim for increases on my current ratings on 11/16/2015..  I am almost done submitting evidence.. I have not had a CandP exam yet however...  Can I request a decision?  Will that expedite the scheduling of my CandP exam?  

I clicked "decided my claim" on my last FDC and after I did that it was completed in 4 weeks.  There is nothing legally that can bind a Veteran from giving up rights by clicking the button.  It's just paranoia in my opinion....

• HadIt.com Elder

I think by having them to decide your claim  means you have no more evidence to submit and you want them to decide your claim based on what you sent in....either way you have the right to appeal if you don't agree with there decision.

submit a 21-0958   (Notice of Disagreement.)

As to which the VA is obligated to send you in their decision.

jmo

.........Buck

It might, call the 800 # and inform them that you have uploaded all needed documents.  If that doesn't work, wait a little while and call back, speak to someone else and get a different answer.  Repeat until someone gives you the answer you are looking for, and good luck!  It is a fine line between calling too much and not enough.  Either way, it is activity on your claim, even if it is just a note from 'Peggy" saying that claimant called to ask WTF.

Someone will probably chime in and recommend the DECIDE CLAIM NOW button.  I was told some time ago, when they were initially 'implementing the button' by several VA employees that by clicking that button, you were effectively waiving certain rights as they pertain to your claim.  In particular, rights as they apply to disputes and reconsideration of claims.  I never clicked that button because of this information, I know others have and believe they accelerated their claims.  Who's to say, maybe I am just paranoid, but there you go, and again, good luck!

From what I've read the Decide Claim Now button does absolutely nothing but add a computer generated form to your file which requires rating official review.  It does not speed up the claim,

I was told that by clicking that button you are 'certifying' that you have submitted all the evidence for your claim.  Therefore, once you have a decision, you cannot submit any future information or evidence relating to that claim for consideration in a dispute.  Maybe it is BS, but the VA comes up with new and illogical ways to surprise me all the time with this process.  I wasn't willing to take any chances, that's all.