VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD - C&P Exam "Stressor"

Rate this question

R762

Question

I e-mailed my DAV representative yesterday. I have a C&P exam this Friday. I asked him if I should bring in my buddy statements, awards, Release of [medical] Information, my DD Form 2807-1 (which shows I asked the Regimental Medical Officer that I was seeking help/advice for reoccuring nightmares that stemmed from a military operation the pentagon 9/11).

The Rep responded, "You do not want to submit anything at this time, getting the exam is a huge step, because if they did not verify your stressor they would not have requested the exam".

My Question: So, should I not bring my medical records for proof? In the beginning, It was my understanding that I would want to bring in as much information as possible.

I completely agree with you. The examiner might not want to see anything you bring but I feel you should bring it all just in case.

The VA docs are familiar with PTSD but not many have had 9/11 Pentagon claims I am sure....compared to other types of PTSD claims.

How does the rep know 'they' verified your stressor? I think what he said is very misleading.

The local reps here used to say to claimants  'don't tell them too much'.....

Luckily that stopped when the VCAA regs came out. Now we have to tell them as much as possible sometimes when the VA asks for what they need.

The examiner however will not get this stuff into the claims record, it does have to be submitted when they ask for it.

He/she might take note of it in the C & P exam however. Hard to say what each individual VA examiner will do.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with berta

Bring the evidence you think they might not have or just bring all you have even if you sent it in.

The VA does not always send those examiners everything, so bring evertying you have to your C&P just incase...as the exam goes on  listen carefully to the examiner  and see if what records he/she has corresponds with what you sent in.

if something is not mention in the exam  then you can ask the examiner about it and show him/her your proof ,,,make copies  let the examiner read it and or give  copies to him/her   The Examiner May just make Notes in the computer...this will be good for the rater to read.

I think as for as your stressors go  as long as the C&P Examiner Has them in the reports & records then you should be ok.

The examiner reads all the records the VA sent them& Diagnose  and symptoms' of your condition this all should be sent to the examiner.

jmo

.................Buck

Edited by Buck52

What Burta and Buck are saying is spot on .I just finished two exams and I brought all of my records that I sent in.  During one of my C&P appointments  the doctor was reading my records from a private doctor and he said to me it's a good thing you brought this because it helped you. So it was kind of concerning to me that I sent all these documents in through my VSO and my examiners didn't see anything. So I'm glad I brought everything and showed them everything and if they didn't want to see it they just said I don't need to see it, but both doctors spent a lot of time going over the records I brought with me. 

Good luck

Here we go again... [8:00 Off to the VA]

VA Examiner, "You have consistent unquestionable evidence in your claim. [2 hours later] I will be noting that you have with out doubt Service Connected PTSD." 

That went smoother that expected. We'll see what actually gets put on paper. 

Edited by R762