VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This is a circus. Sleep Study

Rate this question

Cobra4v

Question

In April I requested a new sleep study through my PC. The consoltation went through in May and I was advised the next available at home study was in September. I was granted the option to go through the Choice Program. I can acted them towards the middle of May and set up my request. 

At the time they said they were waiting on a consoltation before they could set up my plan to go outside and get care. Two weeks later, I contacted them again and spoke with a rep. She told me I was scheduled June 7th for an at home sleep company provided by a private company. Got the phone number from her and contacted them to get information.

That same day I contacted them and spoke with a rep. She was provided my old contact and mailing information. She told me she was trying to schedule me for the 7th of June but still hadn't received my consoltation from the VA (This was towards the end of May)

June 5th I spoke with a rep again, she still hasn't received my consoltation. I asked if their was anyone I could talk to and help the situation. She said no, We will contact you once we receive it. For now we will set your equipment to mail out on the 13th.

Today June 13, received a phone call. "Hey, just wanted to let you know we still haven't received your consoltation. We will contact you once we do.

What a class act. This is simply ridiculous. Might as well pay out of pocket since I can't even use the Choice Program. They went ahead and scheduled me for an outside provider of their choice. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
32 minutes ago, Cobra4v said:

In April I requested a new sleep study through my PC. The consoltation went through in May and I was advised the next available at home study was in September. I was granted the option to go through the Choice Program. I can acted them towards the middle of May and set up my request. 

At the time they said they were waiting on a consoltation before they could set up my plan to go outside and get care. Two weeks later, I contacted them again and spoke with a rep. She told me I was scheduled June 7th for an at home sleep company provided by a private company. Got the phone number from her and contacted them to get information.

That same day I contacted them and spoke with a rep. She was provided my old contact and mailing information. She told me she was trying to schedule me for the 7th of June but still hadn't received my consoltation from the VA (This was towards the end of May)

June 5th I spoke with a rep again, she still hasn't received my consoltation. I asked if their was anyone I could talk to and help the situation. She said no, We will contact you once we receive it. For now we will set your equipment to mail out on the 13th.

Today June 13, received a phone call. "Hey, just wanted to let you know we still haven't received your consoltation. We will contact you once we do.

What a class act. This is simply ridiculous. Might as well pay out of pocket since I can't even use the Choice Program. They went ahead and scheduled me for an outside provider of their choice. 

Hey Cobra,
I'm sorry you are having to go through the typical VA red tape we see all too often. I would raise some big complaints about this because some sleep disorders can be really dangerous if left untreated.

My VAMC blew me off for months when it came time to do a sleep study about five years ago. The facility was substandard and the doc said I had no problems. I went to a non-VA rheumatologist doctor via my private insurance and got a consult for a sleep study that very night. They brought me back for the very next night. In the morning, they diagnoses sleep apnea and I left with a CPAP machine under my arm.

What was the purpose of the "New" Sleep Study request? Are you using Cpap or Bipap from a VA SA DX?

If your using your Cpap, VA CPAP Dept should be able to get all your current SA info from the Down-Load of the CPAP Card. Are you a 100% compliant with your CPAP usage?

Semper Fi

I'm trying to be evaluated for S/A. I had a study done in 2011 that showed a O2 desaturation issue. I was never provided a Cpap from then. 

The facility contacted me again today and told me they still haven't received a consoltation. I contacted the choice program and they said they sent one but I need two consultations since it's an at home study. They are now waiting on a second one from the VA.

I asked if they could just send me to a local facility and they put me on hold only to hang up on me. Contacted them again, got the run around for about 20 more minutes and again put on hold and disconnected. 

I give up. Don't have time to chase the VA all day. Even if I do it doesn't change anything.

If I haven't died yet from the O2 desat issue I should be good for the time being. Until this is resolved. 

Called the choice program again. Now they say I have to contact the VA and request another sleep study. One to be done at a facility instead of home. I'm going to go through privately. I've had enough of the BS with the va. They can keep the study. 

Captains log July 1st.

Still no sleep study done. Choice Program said they haven't heard back from my facility for the second referral. I contacted them on the 15th and requested the second referral. Choice Program didn't contact any other facilities like I requested. Out of the thousand facilities i'm sure one doesn't require 2 referrals.