Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody know what this means?

I was going through my C-file I just recieved and run acoss this

Station of Jurisdiction: Waco (349)

Compensation/Pension Live Award. 

Dependents :Veteran Spouse.

Future Diaries Date : 01-01-2017  Reason Unemployable Review.

Review Messages

1, This award  was System-Generated From 12/01/2007. If Converted Award Lines Existed Before That Date, They were Protected from Change

Remarks: 100% with SMC's

I don't understand this?  if this is for an C&P Exam for my IU...Its crazy My TDIU P&T is based on my Noise Indused Hearing loss  CHRONIC IN NATURE and No schedule exams   Anyway Hearing loss don't never get better? so why the useless time and cost for a 100% UNEMPLOYABLE REVIEW???

THIS WILL BE MY 15TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR on TDIU P&T

Do they think my hearing has got better?

Anybody know?

Thanks in Advance

.......................Buck

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone

Do you know how this works?  do they just review the veterans records? or is he called up for a C&P?

What about what this says

''This award  was System-Generated From 12/01/2007. If Converted Award Lines Existed Before That Date, They were Protected from Change''

Remarks:''100% with SMC's''

I mean after this long and veteran is over the age 55 and has a chronic in nature disability and has turned in his unemployment questioner sheet...seems like a waist of time to me.

I remember they did carlie this way & she was intelligent enough to email the secretary of VA  and someone from that office  emailed her R.O. and they canceled the C&P 

• HadIt.com Elder

bumpty bumpty bump bump:huh:

Anybody?

Buck I would not worry about that at all.

They pulled that on a friend of mine who was deemed 100% P & T under 1151 and also under Nehmer for AO NHL.

The VA certainly could not cure the 1151 disability,nor the NHL problems.Odd I just saw his decision hours ago ...I am going through my VA  files to get rid of stuff.

He called me up when he got a C & P review  notice since I helped him with the above claims and I told him how to raise Hell with them (forget what tactic we used....probably reminding them they caused his 100% 1151 with their own lousy health care) and the VA quickly dropped the review idea.

In some cases a SC can improve with time but that is very rare with P & T disabilities.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Ms berta

I have a rather odd question that don't pertain to any thing on this post.

My question is about adding dependents?

My oldest son and his 2 boys have moved in with us and we support them, they are not employed and not on disability, my son was going to get a well paying job and it backfired on him, and my 20 year old grandson don't work, and the other 17 year old grandson goes to high school.

They been living with us since 14th of December 2015.

My oldest son 42 SAID we should contact VA and add them as my dependents?

can I do that? or should I do that? or does this increase my current compensation?

It sure would help us out with food & the utilities..were having to rob peter to pay paul and it's sucking out savings.

I just never thought about added them as my dependent  they will probably be here the remainder of the year and on into 2017.

Any advice? from anyone that knows?

Also is the 21-8947 the correct form for added dependents  or do you need to file a claim for that?

Thanks

...............Buck

Your son or his X  probably used his 17 yr old for 2015 Earned Income Credit and claimed him as his dependent, check it out.

You might want to check with the IRS or a tax consultant regarding claiming relatives on your 1040 that live with you and that you supply in excess of  50% of their support.

Now this is just a theory, if your son & his X signed over guardianship of your 17 yr old grandson to you, VA might consider him a dependent (Comp Wise) up through College attendance age cut off. Your VA Dependent Comp increase, would be much less than your Son's EIT Credit, doubt if he or X would want to lose that. You need to check with a Tax Man.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Gastone

I understand that VA will only consider dependants as the veterans children only or adopted and under age 18 or still in school up to age 23....No grandchildren...I wish this Reg would change because there's a lot of veterans raising there grandchildren now days.

I am hoping my son gets a job soon, he has raise 3 big boys since 2007 by himself, my oldest grandson join the US Army on school defer  & scholarship..he went to basic training and AIT and is now in combat medic school,   he is 22 and going to Texas Tech,( after he graduates then he goes  on A.D.,  he is with some program that allows him to finish his school & his Military days are counting and the other two GC 17 & 20 and my son live with us  until he can find a job.

About the Tax IRS my son said since he won't have any income to report for 2016  he suggested we contact VA ask about them as my dependents...but no cigar with the VA.

I don't really want to ask him to sign over his last born to us or give us guardianship, we just have  to keep things tight around here until my son can get employment.

He had a great job lined up and it never panned out for him.

so he has his resume out all over the place

I may add that these are great boys   they just been sheltered all their life and just latch key kids basicly, seems all they know is sit in front of the TV and play X-BOX...I guess it keeps them out of trouble.