Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VSO uses VA email Address!

Rate this question

pen

Question

I noticed that VSOs use @va.gov VA email addresses. This includes many from VVA, MOPH, and AMVETS.

This means the VA has access to the messages between the claimant and the so-called "advocate." This is how close the VSO and the VA work. The owner of an email system owns all messages on that system. So the VA can read all the correspondence the veteran sends. These VSOs are puppets. The VSO is creature of the VA.

VSO's are trained and accredited by the US Department of Veterans Affairs to provide assistance to veterans

http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-benefits/veteran-service-officers.html

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think most veterans have a negative outlook, they just want their claim adjudicated the fastest and fairest way possible. & the way the VA System is who can't blame them if they get on edge at times?

All veterans should request their C-file that have a claim pending or going to file a claim ,It will be sent in CD-ROM disk, After the vet receives his/her C-file the veteran has 30 days to disagree with anything in it or not in it  they have proof of,  and then a investigation will be forthcoming, otherwise the VA will then destroy all hard copies.

This is one big reason a veteran should request his/her C-file, it's unfortunate if the Veteran C-File has been digitized before the veteran request the C-File. if the Veteran has no beef with the VA  Then no reason to get up-set.

Actually the digitize format is a lot better than the bulky messy paper .

you can download the disk in your computer and scan it...and have all you C-file information at the tips of your keyboard...to make copies or whatever the case

maybe.

using word searchable/recognized optical format program is great   saves time looking for something specific. (Pro Acrobat Reader) 

jmo

........................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Q What do you do if the evidence in C-File has been destroyed? that is substantial to your pending claim

Well if you have that record as an official VA document...and VA has shredded that document and it don't show up in your new CD-ROM DIGITIZE C=FILE

Keep that document as record and proof you have it.

make extra copies and guard them with your life and submit it as part of your claim evidence, VA has to accept it  what reason would they have not to?

UNFORTUNATELY if the veteran don't have that Document   then he/she is SOL.

JMO

...........................Buck

I really encourage everyone to listen to Johnson and read the docketed documents.  It's not a conspiracy theory.  It's a conscious effort by the VA to circumvent the Rules of the CAVC.  The Court itself has interpreted Rule 10 to mean exactly what it says it means.  Read the decision the Court eventually reached.  Large portions of VAMC records were missing from Larry Johnson's digitized records.  His attorney managed to find them as the audio reflects in her statement.  The problem was that the Board made its decision based on the digitized copy.  The VA also admitted it had not yet destroyed his hard copy records.  However, when his attorney asked to review the hard copies in the VA's possession, the VA declined to provide them.  The reason for this appears to be because they do no longer want hard copies of records to be formally recognized as original source documents.  Once, the copies are digitized, they're scheduled for destruction, and not just for deceased veterans.  The digitized copies then magically become original source documents.  The VA has a representative on the Court's Rules Committee, the place where Rules changes are made.  This is not the way the VA should try to ram a Rules change down the Court's throat, through litigation off the back of a disabled veteran.

Evidence needed for ongoing or even potential litigation should not be destroyed.  That goes for documents and hard objects, as photos of the objects vs. providing the objects themselves would not be accepted in civil or criminal litigation as evidence.  Why should the standard be lowered to the detriment of veterans litigation?  Granted, this only affects veterans who have paper records.  Newer veterans had everything digitized from the beginning, so this is an issue that will eventually time itself out.  

If you're ok with this on a personal level, that's fine, too.  But listen to Johnson before you reach any conclusions.  That's all I'm saying.

17 minutes ago, lotzaspotz said:

I really encourage everyone to listen to Johnson and read the docketed documents.  It's not a conspiracy theory.  It's a conscious effort by the VA to circumvent the Rules of the CAVC.  The Court itself has interpreted Rule 10 to mean exactly what it says it means.  Read the decision the Court eventually reached.  Large portions of VAMC records were missing from Larry Johnson's digitized records.  His attorney managed to find them as the audio reflects in her statement.  The problem was that the Board made its decision based on the digitized copy.  The VA also admitted it had not yet destroyed his hard copy records.  However, when his attorney asked to review the hard copies in the VA's possession, the VA declined to provide them.  The reason for this appears to be because they no longer want hard copies of records to be formally recognized as original source documents.  Once the copies are digitized, they're scheduled for destruction, and not just for deceased veterans.  The digitized copies then magically become original source documents.  The VA has a representative on the Court's Rules Committee, the place where Rules changes are made.  This is not the way the VA should try to ram a Rules change down the Court's throat, through litigation off the back of a disabled veteran.

Evidence needed for ongoing or even potential litigation should not be destroyed.  That goes for documents and hard objects, as photos of the objects vs. providing the objects themselves would not be accepted in civil or criminal litigation as evidence.  Why should the standard be lowered to the detriment of veterans litigation?  Granted, this only affects veterans who have paper records.  Newer veterans had everything digitized from the beginning, so this is an issue that will eventually time itself out.  

If you're ok with this on a personal level, that's fine, too.  But listen to Johnson before you reach any conclusions.  That's all I'm saying.

The VA is considering appealing the Court's decision to the Federal Circuit.

Edited by lotzaspotz

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, lotzaspotz said:

I really encourage everyone to listen to Johnson and read the docketed documents.  It's not a conspiracy theory.  It's a conscious effort by the VA to circumvent the Rules of the CAVC.  The Court itself has interpreted Rule 10 to mean exactly what it says it means.  Read the decision the Court eventually reached.  Large portions of VAMC records were missing from Larry Johnson's digitized records.  His attorney managed to find them as the audio reflects in her statement.  The problem was that the Board made its decision based on the digitized copy.  The VA also admitted it had not yet destroyed his hard copy records.  However, when his attorney asked to review the hard copies in the VA's possession, the VA declined to provide them.  The reason for this appears to be because they do no longer want hard copies of records to be formally recognized as original source documents.  Once, the copies are digitized, they're scheduled for destruction, and not just for deceased veterans.  The digitized copies then magically become original source documents.  The VA has a representative on the Court's Rules Committee, the place where Rules changes are made.  This is not the way the VA should try to ram a Rules change down the Court's throat, through litigation off the back of a disabled veteran.

Scanning documents and destroying the originals makes about as much sense as scanning The Constitution of the United States and destroying the original.

After requesting a copy of my c-file some years back and received a giant box of paper copies. I performed a page by page comparison to my original copies. Here are just some of the problems I encountered:

- Missing entire pages
- Front pages only, missing backs (i.e. date stamp missing)
- Incomplete pages (portions cut off, page folded over, copied sideways, post-it notes covered critical text, etc...)
- Dirty scanner glass resulting in speckles/striping on large numbers of pages
- Poor copy resolution, handwritten text unreadable
- Gray scale originals or carbon copies were completely black and unreadable
- Very light originals were almost impossible to read
- Copier identifier (i.e. "322 COPY") text covering up critical parts of documents
- Other veteran documents included with my files

The VA should have zero grounds to appeal Johnson to the Federal Circuit. After the shredder incidents and lack of accountability, the VA have proven that they cannot adequately even run a copier/scanner. If they win on appeal, the decision will amount to granting them another avenue to shaft veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

I notice on some of my digitized copies when thet sent my CD-ROM C-File   whatever scan process they used?  the scanner would not read a  lot that was done in pencil or hand written  it was just a blank sheet.

Most of my Documents was before all this new modern tech we have today.

Most of my claims were hand written out  and all of my Request for  increase were, now days a veteran can set at his computer and download a form fill it out and push send

I know for a fact that I never received all my hard copies, but I don't have them  so I'm SOL

I am thinking the whole reason for the digitized is to make it easier and save space, and since they want to save space..what do they do with all the hard copies?  The VA choice is to destroy all the hard copies.

I think they should make it mandatory to send the veteran his  Digitized C-file rather or not he request it and give the veteran a chance to look it over before they do destroy his hard copies.

give the Veteran the benefit of doubt to make his C-file correct.

jmo

...............Buck